What is Sweetpacks?
Sweetpacks is a website that distributes a few applications. Generally it is identified as SweetIM Search Toolbar. So, although sweetpacks.com is a web page users often perform online searches with this keyword having in mind none the other but SweetIM Search Toolbar. This browser plugin is one of the few applications distributed by this website. As far as SweetIM Toolbar is concerned, it is one of those browser extensions that claim they can enhance your web browsing experience and then the next thing you know, users want to get rid of it due to its intrusive nature. The truth is that SweetIM Search Toolbar is not a computer virus, but it is a potentially unwanted program, thus you should remove Sweetpacks and everything related to it from your PC.
Where does Sweetpacks come from?
Just like it has been mentioned above, all the Sweetpacks applications (including SweetIM Search), can be downloaded at sweetpacks.com. It means that users download these applications themselves. Some of the users may claim that Sweetpacks have hijacked their homepage, but such browser extensions change home pages and default search engines only if user allows them to. Therefore, you have to be very attentive during Sweetpacks (SweetIM Search) installation process.
Aside from the official website, Sweetpacks can also arrive bundled with freeware you download at third party websites. This is the most dangerous combination, because it is very easy for cyber hackers to exploit SweetIM Search Toolbar and other browser plugins due to their vulnerabilities. Not to mention that Sweetpacks does collect your web browsing data for marketing purposes, so if this information falls into the hands of cyber criminals you may end up getting infected with malware and losing your money.
How to remove Sweetpacks?
Due to its intrusive nature and possible association with malware infection it is recommended to remove Sweetpacks and all of its applications from your PC, if you do not use them on daily basis. Follow the manual removal instructions below to terminate the plugin.
Sweetpacks removal from Windows
Delete from Windows 8
- Move cursor to the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Click Settings on Charms bar and go to Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program and remove SweetIM Toolbar.
Delete from Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Open Start Menu and go to Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and remove SweetIM Toolbar.
Delete from Windows XP
- Open Start Menu and click Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove Programs and uninstall SweetIM Toolbar.
Sweetpacks removal from browsers
Delete from Internet Explorer
- Press Alt+X and click Manage add-ons.
- Remove SweetIM Toolbar from Toolbars and Extensions. Click Search Providers on the left.
- Select another search engines as default, and remove search.sweetim.com from the list.
- Save changes and close the utility. Press Alt+X again.
- Click Internet Options and remove search.sweetim.com from home page section under General tab.
- Enter a new home page address and click OK.
Delete from Mozilla Firefox
- Press Ctrl+Shift+A and Add-ons Manager tab will open.
- Remove SweetIM Toolbar from Extensions. Close the tab.
- Click Firefox button and select Options.
- Remove search.sweetim.com from home page section under General tab.
- Click OK and close the menu.
- Click Search engine icon at Search box at the top right corner of Firefox window.
- Select Manage Search engines and remove search.sweetim.com from the list.
- Click OK to save changes.
Delete from Google Chrome
- Press Alt+F and select Tools.
- Go to Extensions and remove SweetIM Toolbar.
- Click Settings on the right and select Open a page or a set of pages under On Startup.
- Click Set pages and remove search.sweetim.com from the list.
- Enter any home page URL you prefer and click OK.
- Click Manage search engines under Search.
- Set as default any other search engine and remove search.sweetim.com from the list.
- Click Done and restart the browser.
To be absolutely sure that no residuals files remain in your system perform a full system scan with SpyHunter scanner. This way you will be able to see whether Sweetpacks brought in any other undesirable applications or not.