What is Startsear.info?
Even though Startsear.info is not a malicious website, it has been discovered that cyber criminals may use it for their devious online schemes. If you have discovered regular browsing sessions interrupted by redirections to this particular website, it is important to scan the PC and determine whether you do not need to delete a vicious browser hijacker running within your operating Windows system. The malicious program is also known as a redirect virus as its main task is to trick you into visiting websites which are related to promotional content. Even though this activity may seem harmless at first, you need to be extremely cautious. According to Anti-Spyware-101.com researchers, the suspicious program could even lead you to secondary malware infiltration. So how should you delete Startsear.info hijacker?
How does Startsear.info work?
Startsear.info hijacker might be dropped onto your computer after you visit compromised websites, click on suspicious links, open spam email attachments and perform other risky actions. After this, every time you browse the web, you may be introduced to the Startsear.info search engine. Using this website might be beneficial as it offers you quick links to Google, YouTube, Facebook and other popular services. Despite this, if the search engine has appeared out of nowhere, you should immediately terminate your browsing sessions and rush to remove the potentially running browser hijacker. Note that even though the site promotes such sources as freephotos.com, markets.com and finnair.com, it could also trick you into visiting dangerous websites. This is the main reason behind Startsear.info removal.
How to remove Startsear.info?
If your operating Windows system has been attacked by a malicious browser hijacker, you should not hesitate about installing automatic spyware detection and removal software. If you believe you can delete Startsear.info manually – go ahead; however, note that this task is complicated and does not suit inexperienced Windows users. If the suspicious hijacker has modified your browser settings, below are the manual removal instructions which will help you get rid of the unwanted home page and search engine.
Reconfigure browser settings
- Launch the browser, simultaneously tap Alt+T and select Manage Add-ons.
- Select Search Providers and click the undesirable option.
- Click Remove and then Close to confirm the changes.
- Tap Alt+T again and this time select Internet Options.
- Click on the General tab and move to Home Page.
- Overwrite/remove the provided URL and click OK.
- Launch the browser, simultaneously tap Alt+T and select Options.
- Click on the General tab, change the Home Page and click OK.
- Locate the search box at the top right corner of the page and click the icon on the left.
- Select Manage search engines and Remove the undesirable provider. Click OK.
- Launch the browser, simultaneously tap Alt+F and select Settings.
- Go to On Startup and mark Open a specific page or set of pages.
- Click Set pages, then change/remove the URL and click OK.
- Go to Search and click Manage search engines.
- Select a new default search engine and remove (click X) the undesirable one. Click OK.
If you have performed a manual removal operation, it is recommended to scan the PC with a reliable spyware scanner. Click on the download button below to install a free-of-charge spyware scanner.100% FREE spyware scan and
tested removal of Startsear.info*