What is See Similar?
Are various pop-up advertisements constantly bothering you when you browse online shopping websites? If it is exactly like this, you might have See Similar on your system. This program is advertising-supported software. You will see a variety of coupons and deals if you use Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. You should remove See Similar if you want to make sure that your computer is safe. In order to avoid similar programs in the future, you should carefully choose what to install on your system.
How does See Similar work?
It has been found out that See Similar usually comes onto the computer together with different programs. When you install applications, especially those that are freely distributed, there is a huge possibility that you will install additional programs as well. You should know that there is one solution that will definitely help you avoid a bunch of unnecessary software. You should always select advanced installation and then unselect unfamiliar programs instead of clicking “Next” without even paying attention to the installation wizard. As anti-spyware-101.com specialists have revealed, See Similar can be bundled with such programs as Driver Performer and PC Performer. If you have already installed many useless applications, you should remove them from your computer.
When See Similar application gets onto your computer, it installs an extension to all the most popular browsers and then you start seeing various advertisements on amazon.com and other shopping websites. Besides, if you move the pointer on the picture of a particular product, you will notice the “See Similar” button. If you click on this button, a pop-up with the best offers related to the similar items will appear. You should not click on those advertisements because you will never know where you might be redirected. See Similar adware is definitely not liable for any of the activities of the third parties, which means that you might encounter malicious software.
You should also remove See Similar adware if you do not want to share information related to your browsing habits. Even though this information is non-personally identifiable, you should consider whether you want to reveal such data as your browsing habits, the overall time you spend on particular websites, your activities on them, and keywords that you enter into the search box. All this information is needed to show you more relevant deals and other offers. In addition, See Similar might transfer this data to third parties.
How to remove See Similar?
If you think that this is unacceptable, you can delete See Similar at any time. We will help you do that by providing you with the instructions for manual removal. You can also acquire a reliable antimalware tool which will remove this adware in a blink of an eye. If you choose to remove this unwanted program manually, make sure that you scan your computer with a reliable antimalware tool to find out whether your system does not contain other infections.
See Similar removal
- Open the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Go to Add or Remove Programs and select the program.
- Click on it and then click the Remove button.
Windows Vista and 7
- Click the Start button that you will find in the Task Bar.
- Select Control Panel and then click Uninstall a program.
- Right-click on the unwanted application and select the Uninstall button.
- Access the Metro UI menu.
- Start typing “Control Panel” and then select it.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click on the application that you want to delete.
- Right-click on it and then click the Uninstall button.
- Open your browser and then press Alt+T.
- Select Manage Add-ons.
- Under the section Add-on Types select Toolbars and Extensions.
- Find the extension which you need to remove and select it.
- Click the Disable button.
- Open your browser and then press Alt+T.
- Select Add-ons.
- Select Extensions from the menu on the left.
- Locate the needless extension and then click the Remove button.
- Open your browser and press Alt+F.
- Select Tools and then go to Extensions.
- Under the heading Chrome, select Extensions.
- Select the application and then click the trash button.
- Click the Remove button to complete the deletion.
You can download a free reliable SpyHunter scanner if you want to find out whether your computer is infected or not. You can get this scanner by clicking on the download button below.
tested removal of See Similar*100% FREE spyware scan and