What is Searchamong.com Redirect?
Searchamong.com Redirect, or Searchamong.com, is a search engine which you can find as your home page after downloading suspicious files or free programs. The majority of malware researchers classify this add-on as a browser hijacker as it changes the home page of the browser and constantly redirects you to searchamong.com. Even thought this search engine presents relevant search results, some advertisements which are said to be supposedly provided by third-party companies, and redirects to the home page may urge you on to remove Searchamong.com Redirect. We suggest that you remove this so-called browser hijacker so that you can use the browser normally.
In addition to the changes made by this application, you get a SearchAmong toolbar which provides you with two buttons directing you to the most popular social networking websites Facebook and Twitter and a button leading to a game website. The modifications to the browser, including Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome are made after you do not uncheck particular boxes asking you to confirm that a new add-on will be installed. Please keep in mind that it is important to pay close attention to the installation process of a program which has been downloaded from a website of unsavory reputation.
How to remove SearchAmong Toolbar?
Do you want to remove Searchamong.com Redirect but do not know how? Keep on reading to learn what you should do to fully delete SearhAmong toolbar so that none of its components are skipped.
Firstly, you should uninstall SearchAmong Toolbar:
- Click on Start - > Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program under the headline Programs (Windows Vista/7) or Add or Remove Programs (Windows XP).
- Select the unwanted application and remove it.
- Open the Charm bar.
- Click on Settings and then select Control Panel.
- Find the headline Programs and click on Uninstall a program.
- Select SearchAmong Toolbar and remove it.
Now you should remove SearchAmong.com Redirect from your browsers.
- Open the browser and click on Tools - > Manage Add-ons - > Enable or Disable Add-ons.
- Make sure that the Show box is “Add-ons currently loaded in Internet Explorer”, select the add-on you want to remove and delete it. (In newer versions select Toolbars and Extensions, and then remove the add-on).
- Open the browser.
- Select Tools - > Add-ons (In a newer version, click on the Firefox button and select Add-ons).
- Select Extensions, highlight the unwanted add-on and remove it.
- Open the browser and click on the wrench icon (it may be a three-bar or gear icon).
- Select Tools - > Extensions.
- Select the add-on that you want to remove and delete it.
Now it is vitally important that you examine the system by using a legitimate spyware removal tool. Anti-Spyware-101.com team recommends that you download and install a free scanner which is available below and run a system scan. It will detect all unnecessary files left by SearchAmong Toolbar so that you do not need to search for malicious files manually.
tested removal of Searchamong.com Redirect*100% FREE spyware scan and