What is Search.installmac.com?
Have you discovered Search.installmac.com set as the default search provider and the start page of the web browsers on your Mac OS X? Have you chosen this suspicious search engine yourself? If you have not, it must have entered illegally, without your authorization. Needless to say, in this case you should treat the suspicious search application as a malicious browser hijacker. As our researchers at Anti-Spyware-101.com have discovered, the search engine has been produced by Genieo Innovation Ltd., and Windows users have already faced the suspicious Geneio browser hijacker. If you do not remove Search.installmac.com from the affected web browsers, there is a great chance that your virtual activity will be tracked by unknown parties. Therefore, we suggest you continue reading.
How does Search.installmac.com work?
As some Mac OS X users have discovered, Search.installmac.com may enter the operating system illegally. In this case you should consider the infiltration of other undesirable software as well. Overall, it is quite possible that the search provider has been packaged with the recently installed applications, and you may even have been introduced to the additional program without even realizing it.
Most computer users realize that getting Search.installmac.com deleted is important as soon as they discover that their browsers have been hijacked illegally. Unfortunately, some of them decide that it is okay to run the suspicious search engine. Surely, this tool will route you to bing.com, and this search provider is not considered to be unreliable. Furthermore, the search tool provides seemingly beneficial links to Google News and Savefront.com. Regardless of the provided services, you need to investigate this search provider more. As Anti-Spyware-101.com researchers have found out, Search.installmac.com promotes installmac.com services. These are created for the software developers and distributors who wish to maximize distribution and monetization using the allegedly ‘smart platform’.
How to remove Search.installmac.com?
Did you know that Search.installmac.com users cookies to track your virtual activity and may share the collected data with third parties? Even though it is stated that your personal information is not a risk of being leaked, we recommend that you are careful with the suspicious search provider. You should be particularly careful if the search engine acts as a malicious browser hijacker which has corrupted Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Safari browsers without your notice. If this is what you have faced as well, we recommend using automatic malware detection and removal software. As soon as the components related to the hijacker are removed, you can change the undesirable search tools manually. These are the guides which will help you with the task.
Delete undesirable search tools
Delete from Safari
- Find the menu bar on your browser and click Safari.
- Select Preferences and click the Extensions tab.
- Now select Unable Omnibar.
- Click Safari and select Preferences again.
- Overwrite/remove the Home Page.
Delete from Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Firefox, locate the search box and click the search provider icon.
- Select Manage Search Engines and Remove the undesirable option. Click OK.
- Simultaneously tap keys Alt+T to open the Tools menu.
- Click Options and then click the General tab.
- Overwrite/remove the Home Page and click OK.
Delete from Google Chrome:
- Launch the browser, simultaneously tap Alt+F and select Settings.
- Under On Startup mark Open a specific page or set of pages and click Set pages.
- Overwrite/remove the undesirable URL and click OK.
- Under Appearance mark Show Home button, click Change and repeat step 3.
- Go to Search, click Mange search engines and remove (click X) the undesirable search provider.
Do you need more assistance with the browser settings modifications? Post a comment below and we will try to help you to our best ability.
tested removal of Search.installmac.com*100% FREE spyware scan and