What is Search.iminent.com?
Search.iminent.com is a search engine used by Iminent browser extension. Some users claim that it is a browser hijacker that takes over their browser, but that is rather far from the truth. Our security research team says that Search.iminent.com does not change your default search engine, but Iminent Toolbar can use it via Search.iminent.com/SearchTheWeb. It practically means that if you want to get rid of Search.iminent.com, you need to remove Iminent extension first. For a full software removal, you should make use of a licensed antispyware tool that can detect all the unwanted files.
Where does Search.iminent.com come from?
If you follow computer security news, you will find the Search.iminent.com name familiar. It is so, because this search engine is directly related to Start.iminent.com, Iminent Community Toolbar, Iminent Search and all the other potentially unwanted applications and detections related to Iminent browser extension. This search engine might also be detected as SearchTheWeb, WebBooster or IminentSmile Toolbar.
It means that users install Search.iminent.com onto their PCs along with Iminent extension, and there is a direct download link for the toolbar at iminent.com. On the other hand, users seldom download adware willingly (unless they get redirected to adware homepages via affiliate websites); thus, we can make an assumption that Iminent also often travels bundled with other freeware. Either way, it means that you can choose NOT to install Iminent or any of its features onto your PC. Unfortunately, users often skip installation steps, so they lose the opportunity to avoid Search.iminent.com.
What does Search.iminent.com do?
When Iminent browser extension enters your system, it adds plug-ins to Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome web browsers. The toolbar that comes with it should improve your overall browser functionality. It says that if you install the toolbar you will “benefit from awesome features: free smileys, animations & Games in your current default browser.”
In the most extreme cases (depending on installation settings), Search.iminent.com might be set as your default search engine, but there is not irreversible about it. We simply have to point out that you should refrain from using the search engine, because adware apps often display commercial search results in order to redirect users to affiliate websites.
Consequently, the potential security risks associated with Iminent and Search.iminent.com clearly outweighs all the benefits, so if you are concerned about your system’s security you will remove the application immediately.
How to remove Search.iminent.com?
To get rid of Search.iminent.com, you have to open Control panel and uninstall Iminent manually. Afterward, you may need to remove the extension from your default browser and restore your search provider to the default. It is not complicated, and we provide manual removal instructions below this description.
However, do not forget that there might be other unwanted applications on your PC as well. Thus, after manual removal, be sure to run a full system scan with SpyHunter free scanner to see whether you need to delete any other unwanted program.
Manual Search.iminent.com Removal
- Drag mouse cursor to the bottom right of your screen.
- Click Settings on Charm bar and then go to Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and remove Iminent.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Click Start menu button and select Control Panel.
- Open Uninstall a program and remove Iminent.
- Open Start menu and navigate to Control Panel.
- Select Add or remove programs and uninstall Iminent.
Remove Search.iminent.com from browser
- Press Alt+T and go to Manage add-ons.
- Remove Iminent from Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click Search providers on the left pane.
- Set a new default search engine and remove Iminent Search.
- Click the search engine icon on the left of search box (top right corner).
- Select Manage search engines on drop-down menu.
- Remove Iminent Search from the list and click OK.
- Press Alt+T and go to Add-ons.
- Remove Iminent from Extensions and restart browser.
- Press Alt+F and go to Tools.
- Select Extensions and remove Iminent from the list.
- Click Settings on the left and click Manage search engines under Search.
- Set a new default search engine, delete Iminent search and press Done.
tested removal of Search.iminent.com*100% FREE spyware scan and