What is SafePCRepair Toolbar?
SafePCRepair Toolbar is a potentially unwanted program else classified as browser plugin that gets installed on Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer browsers. It is not a malware infection, as it does not enter your system without your permission. However, more often than not users overlook that fact that they do install SafePCRepair Toolbar themselves. This toolbar claims that it can improve your computer’s performance, and it promotes itself as a reliable tool for PC optimization. However, computer security researchers does not recommended having on the computer as it exposes the system to potential malware infections and so you are recommended to remove SafePCRepair Toolbar right now.
Where does SafePCRepair Toolbar come from?
If you are familiar with such browser plugins as TotalRecipeSearch toolbar, Filmfanatic Toolbar, Zwinky Toolbar and so on, you will definitely know what to expect of SafePCRepair Toolbar. This application is developed by Mindspark Interactive Network Inc. and it comes bundled with Ask.com search engine. Thus, it is possible to download SafePCRepair Toolbar from the official website at download.safepcrepair.com/index.jhtml. This website is supposedly powered by Ask.com and you can download the toolbar for free, in order to “remove performance-draining unk that slows down your PC”.
Apart from the official website, SafePCRepair Toolbar can also bundled with a list of other third party applications, most of which are related to Mindspark Interactive Network as well; for example, HeadlineAlley Toolbar, DailyBibleGuide Toolbar, Utility Chest Toolbar and so on.
What does SafePCRepair Toolbar do?
If you install the full version of SafePCRepair Toolbar on your computer, then the toolbar will also modify your default search engine and home page to search.ask.com and home.ask.com. Take note of the fact that you actually allow SafePCRepair Toolbar to change your browser settings during the toolbar installation.
How to remove SafePCRepair Toolbar?
Follow the instructions below to terminate the plugin and then run a full PC scan with SpyHunter free scanner, as you need to make sure that there are no other potentially unwanted programs left in the system. Acquire a powerful antimalware program to remove dangerous threats if any.
Manual SafePCRepair Toolbar Removal
- Move mouse cursor to the bottom right corner of the screen.
- When Charms bar appears, click Settings and go to Control Panel.
- Open Uninstall a program and remove SafePCRepair Toolbar.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Open Start menu and select Control panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and remove SafePCRepair Toolbar.
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Select Add or remove programs and uninstall SafePCRepair Toolbar.
How to restore my browser settings
- Press Alt+T and click Internet options.
- Select Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Mark Delete personal settings and click Reset.
- When reset is complete press Close.
- Press Alt+H and click Troubleshooting information.
- Press Reset Firefox at the top right of a new tab.
- Click Reset Firefox on a pop-up dialog box.
- When reset is complete click Finish.
If you have any questions about how to remove SafePCRepair Toolbar, leave us a comment below.100% FREE spyware scan and
tested removal of SafePCRepair Toolbar*