What is ZoneAlarm?
Have you installed ZoneAlarm Antivirus onto the operating Windows system? If yes – were you careful with the installation process? It appears that many Windows users who choose to acquire this security program do not pay enough attention and, unfortunately, this may lead to undesirable home page and search engine modifications. If you are careful and follow every installation step carefully, you must have noticed the two boxes offering you to set ZoneAlarm Search as the default search engine and home page. Therefore, the program developed by Check Point Software Technologies LTD should not be treated as a browser hijacker. Of course, if you are not happy with the changes, you should remove the undesirable home page/search engine options. Please continue reading to learn how to remove ZoneAlarm search without wasting any of your time.
How does ZoneAlarm search works?
The antivirus is available for the latest Windows versions, and the search modifications will be applied if you run the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer web browsers. If you agree to have your home page and search engine reconfigured, various plugins will be installed, including AltFF Control Class, ZoneAlarm Security Engine, the Security Toolbar, and the Helper Object. Do you find the amount of plugins installed onto the browsers excessive? According to Anti-Spyware-101.com researchers, this may slow down Internet connection speeds, which is why you may want to remove the undesirable add-ons.
If you do not remove ZoneAlarm search tools, every time you launch a browser you will be greeted by the zonealarm.com home page. This search engine is not exactly reliable because it provides sponsored ads, and all of the Image and Video searchers are redirected to the Google Search. Needless to say, you could find a much more beneficial and reliable search tool. What do you think about the toolbar? This plugin is meant to provide you with certain web security tools, as well as links to such popular websites as Facebook, eBay, and Twitter. Note that these applications can collect information regarding your browsing habits and produce online advertisements. To prevent this activity, you need to perform a few removal steps.
How to remove ZoneAlarm search?
Even though the antivirus is not considered malicious, you may be aggravated by the irritating browser modifications activated once you install the tool onto the computer. If you no longer wish to use the search engine and the home page related to the antivirus, our researchers recommend that you remove them. Below are the manual removal instructions which will help you delete the undesirable applications. Be extra careful when performing the fists step. Do not mistake the undesirable toolbar for the security tool, so that you would not remove ZoneAlarm antivirus accidentally.
Delete ZoneAlarm from the PC
- Open the Start menu.
- Select Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Locate the undesirable toolbar, click it and select Remove.
Windows Vista/Windows 7:
- Open the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Right-click the application you wish to remove and select Uninstall.
- Right-click on the Metro UI start screen.
- Select All apps and open Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program and then right-click the application you wish to remove.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove search.zonealarm.com from browsers
- Launch the browser and simultaneously tap Alt+T.
- Select Manage Add-ons and click Toolbars and Extensions.
- Disable the undesirable add-ons.
- Now select Search Providers.
- Remove the undesirable providers and click Close.
- Once again tap Alt+T and select Internet Options.
- Click The General tab, change/remove the provided Home Page and click OK.
- Open Chrome, simultaneously tap Alt+F for the menu, go to Tools and click Extensions.
- Click the recycle bin icon placed on the right of the unwanted extension and select Remove. Repeat the step for every single add-on you wish to delete.
- From the menu on the left select Settings.
- Under On Startup mark Open a specific page or set of pages and click Set pages.
- Locate the set URL, change/remove it and click OK.
- Under Appearance mark Show Home button and click Change.
- To remove the undesirable home page repeat step 5.
- Under Search click Manage search engines and remove (click X) the undesirable search provider.
- Click OK to finalize the removal.
- Launch Firefox and simultaneously tap Alt+H.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Click Reset Firefox.
- Confirm the selection and click Finish.
If you do not wish to run the antivirus tool on your operating Windows system – remove it and immediately install a security program of your choice. We recommend SpyHunter, and to install this tool you should click the download button provided below.100% FREE spyware scan and
tested removal of ZoneAlarm*