What is Yellowmoxie?
Yellowmoxie is often considered to be a computer virus and a browser hijacker that overtakes links on a target computer. It may also display annoying advertisements while you browse the web. However, Yellowmoxie’s malicious abilities are slightly too far-fetched, because first and foremost it is a website that provides you with links and information about social services (restaurants, entertainment, travel, business, banking, real estate etc.), discount coupons and online shopping. In case your home page is changed to this website, then you should scan your PC with SpyHunter free scanner as there is a high chance that you have installed potentially dangerous programs on your computer. If that is the case, do all it takes to remove Yellowmoxie and related applications from your computer.
Where does Yellowmoxie come from?
The website itself can be accessed at Yellowmoxie.com. Since there is no application or browser extension download link provided at the website itself, it is very likely that the Yellowmoxie arrived at your system along with a list of freeware applications you have downloaded at third-party websites. Whenever you download and install a freeware application (be it a video player or a shareware game), do read all the setup steps carefully, because it may install other additional software on your PC, or even change your browser settings as is the case with Yellowmoxie.
What does Yellowmoxie do?
To put it simply – Yellowmoxie is not dangerous, but it could redirect you or expose you to corrupted websites and commercial pages that may either bombard you with even more pop-up ads for marketing purposes, or infect you with malware in the long run.
How to remove Yellowmoxie?
Since there is no installation file for this application, it would be for the best to reset your browser settings to default and then run a full system scan with SpyHunter, to detect freeware programs that ought to be removed from your computer. Do not hesitate to invest in a powerful computer security application that will terminate all the potential hazards for you automatically.
How to reset browser settings
- Press Alt+X and go to Internet Options.
- Open Advanced tab and click Reset.
- Mark Delete personal settings and press Reset button.
- Click Close when the reset is complete.
- Press Firefox button and go to Help.
- Click Troubleshooting information and another tab will open.
- Press Reset Firefox and then click Reset Firefox.
- When the reset is complete, click Finish.
- Press Alt+F and go to Settings.
- Mark Open a specific page or set of pages and click Set pages.
- Remove unwanted home page, enter a new URL and click OK.
- Select Manage search engines under Search.
- Set a new search provider; delete unwanted search engine and press Done.
Should you have any questions about Yellowmoxie’s removal, do leave a comment in the box below.100% FREE spyware scan and
tested removal of Yellowmoxie*