What is wSearch?
It has been discovered that the seemingly reliable wSearch is actually a browser hijacker which can take over your regular home page and search provider settings. If you have found out that wisersearch.com has corrupted your active browsers, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer, there is a possibility that a browser hijacker is running on your computer as well. Without a doubt, there is a chance that you have replaced your web search tools with this one yourself. Did you think that the search engine could provide you with authentic information? Anti-Spyware-101.com researchers strongly advise to have wSearch deleted from the PC, and you can find more information about this task within this thoroughly researched report.
How does wSearch work?
As our researchers have discovered, the so-called browser hijacker can enter your PC using clandestine distribution means. The threat can be hidden within bundled downloads, which is why it is essential that you download software only from reliable sources. It has been discovered that the infection is often packaged together with unreliable PDF creators. You also need to beware of fake video codecs, spam email attachments or misleading scams. Needless to say, if you fall for any of them you are likely to find the home page and search provider of your browsers changed to wisersearch.com. This is not a search engine we recommend utilizing for regular web searches. Have you discovered more suspicious advertisements show up since the hijacker has corrupted your web browsers? Whether you find banner, in-text or pop-up advertisements we do not recommend clicking on them. You should also refrain from participating in online prize draws or surveys. The misleading adverts could hide links to corrupted websites and the surveys could be used to reveal your personal information. Do you want cyber criminals to know where you live, what your full name is or what email you use? This information could be presented via spam email attachments camouflaging additional virtual scams. Do you want to face any of them?
How to remove wSearch?
In order to delete a mischievous browser hijacker from the PC you firstly should employ a reliable malware scanner to figure out what undesirable problems or infections are running on the computer. Click the download button below to acquire an authentic, reliable, free-of-charge SpyHunter’s scanner. If any malicious threats are detected you should remove them as soon as possible. Once your PC is clean you can follow the instructions below to delete wSearch from your browsers.
Delete undesirable search tools
Delete from Google Chrome:
- Open the browser, simultaneously tap Alt+F and select Settings.
- Under On Startup mark Open a specific page or set of pages.
- Click Set pages and overwrite/remove the default URL and click OK.
- Mark Show Home button under Appearance and click Change.
- Overwrite/remove the undesirable options and click OK.
- Go to Search and click Manage search engines.
- Click X on the URL of the search provider you wish to remove. Click Done.
Delete from Internet Explorer:
- Launch the browser, simultaneously tap Alt+T and click Internet Options.
- Click the General tab and locate the Home Page box.
- Overwrite/remove the displayed URL and click OK.
- Tap Alt+T once again and this time click Manage Add-ons.
- Move to the menu on the left and select Search Providers.
- Select or add a new default search provider and click Make default.
- Click the undesirable option, select Remove and then Close.
Delete from Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Firefox and simultaneously tap Alt+T.
- Select Options and click the General tab.
- Overwrite/remove the Home Page. Click OK.
- Move to the search box on the top-right corner of the page.
- Click the search provider icon to open a drop-down menu.
- Select Manage Search Engines.
- Remove the undesirable search provider and click OK.
Anti-Spyware-101.com researchers have analyzed the threat and are ready to answer any questions you may still have. You should leave a comment below especially if you discover any removal difficulties. Note that manual wSearch removal could be aggravated by the existing malware.
tested removal of wSearch*100% FREE spyware scan and