What is Wisersearch.com?
Wisersearch.com is a web page that will be set as your default home page when you install such freeware as FTdownloader on your computer. The website is not extremely dangerous by itself, but keeping in mind that it may be associated with unreliable third parties, whatever comes with Wisersearch.com should be treated with a bit of cautiousness. Actually, it would be for the best to remove Wisersearch.com from your computer immediately, as that would ensure that your system would not get exposed to potentially risky applications. Do what is best for you and your PC, and terminate all the potentially unwanted applications right now.
Where does Wisersearch.com come from?
Judging from its layout and behavior, Wisersearch.com is similar to another potentially risky search engine called native-search.com. The site itself does not seem to be complete, but if it is really related to native-search.com, then its distribution is closely related to FTdownloader as well. This application is a potentially unwanted program that is supposed to help you download photos from Facebook.
Nevertheless, the necessity of Wisersearch.com and all the related freeware applications is highly questionable, and you should think twice before you install any third party application on your computer. After all, it is very common for such applications to come bundled with additional freeware that in the long run might prove to be detrimental to your system’s security.
What does Wisersearch.com do?
Since it is a web page, Wisersearch.com will be set as your default search engine and home page. The page may provide you with relatively good search service, but one cannot trust this search engine to the fullest, because it may employ third parties to promote commercial content. For example, Wisersearch.com may display third party pop-up ads. Since this application is not responsible for reviewing the content in question, some of the ads may even contain corrupted links to dangerous websites.
What is more, it would not be a surprise if Wisersearch.com collected information on your web browsing habits via tracking cookies. It is a common behavior of almost every other website out there, but Wisersearch.com cannot guarantee that the data does not get leaked. After all, it may even share the information collected with an affiliated third party for marketing purposes.
How to remove Wisersearch.com?
It goes without saying that prior from removing Wisersearch.com from your browser; you need to terminate all the related applications from your computer. Run a full system scan with SpyHunter free scanner to determine which programs must be removed. Then acquire a licensed antimalware tool that would delete all the potentially malicious programs from your PC immediately. Finally, follow the instructions below to restore your browser settings to default. Also, if you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
Remove unwanted programs
- Move mouse cursor to the bottom right of the screen.
- When Charm bar appears, click Settings and open Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and remove unwanted applications.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Open Start menu and go to Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program and remove potentially unwanted programs.
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Select Add or remove programs and uninstall undesirable applications.
Remove Wisersearch.com from browser
- Press Alt+T and go to Internet options.
- Select Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Mark Delete personal settings option and click Reset.
- Click Close.
- Press Alt+H and go to Troubleshooting information.
- Click Reset Firefox on a new tab.
- Click Reset Firefox on a pop-up dialog box.
- Press Finish.
- Press Alt+F and click Settings.
- Select Open a specific page or set of pages and press Set pages.
- Change your home page address and click OK.
- Select Manage search engines under Search.
- Set a new default search engine, delete Wisersearch.com and press Done.
tested removal of Wisersearch.com*