What is Whitesmoke Toolbar?
Whitesmoke Toolbar is a browser extension that offers translation service. The official policy of this product is to provide the user with the best quality automatic translation there is. Nevertheless, Whitesmoke Toolbar as an application has gone too far, because it is installed on the users’ computers without their consent, and it is even hard to remove it.
Despite the fact that Whitesmoke Toolbar does offer the user to translate various web contents, it also forcefully redirects him to affiliated websites that might contain malware. Also, with the toolbar installed on the web browser Whitesmoke redirects all of your searches by default. The search results you get redirected to are usually related to some malicious software that focuses on stealing money from unsuspecting users.
Whitesmoke Toolbar also generates a list of pop-up advertisements that might contain links to other malware. The fact that Whitesmoke Toolbar can be responsible for bringing more malware onto the target computer is rather peculiar, considering it is a legitimate program. However, it is very common for hackers to utilize known names in order to distribute their malware. Therefore, Whitesmoke Toolbar gets used as well. Hence, this toolbar is classified as potentially unwanted application, and it is recommended to delete it from the system.
Since it is rather complicated to remove Whitesmoke Toolbar manually, use a program that categorizes this browser extension as an unwanted application. A legitimate program will erase Whitesmoke Toolbar from your computer and you will be protected from possible malware infections.
Manual Whitesmoke Toolbar Removal Instructions
Delete the program from operating Windows system:
- Open the Start menu by clicking once.
- Click on Control Panel.
- If you run Windows XP – double-click on Add or Remove programs. If you run Windows Vista or Windows 7 – go to Classic View and select Uninstall a program.
- Remove or uninstall all third party applications related to Whitesmoke Toolbar.
Delete the add-on from Internet Explorer:
- Launch the browser and click on Tools.
- Select Internet Options.
- Click on the Advanced tab.
- Hit the Reset button.
- Click Reset again and exit the “Are you sure you want to reset all Internet Explorer settings?”
- Select OK and close IE.
Delete the add-on from Mozilla Firefox:
- Launch your Mozilla Firefox and click on Help.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Choose the Reset Firefox button.
- Allow Firefox to import required information and click Finish.
Delete the add-on from Google Chrome:
- Find the wrench icon (three horizontal bars) within your Google Chrome and click.
- Click on Tools.
- Select Extensions from the menu.
- Find items you want to delete (WhiteSmoke, RewardsArcade, StartNow Toolbar, etc.) and click on each individual trash icons.
- Go to Settings and select Manage Search Engines.
- Find the WhiteSmoke Toolbar and hit “x” next to it.
- Select your preferred default search engine.
Automatic Whitesmoke Toolbar Removal Instructions
Manual Whitesmoke Toolbar instructions are intended for experienced Windows users, who understand the dangers of deleting the wrong programs and reconfiguring Windows systems incorrectly. If you are not confident with your knowledge, please use the automatic removal instructions below.
Note that you can use a free computer scanner SpyHunter to inspect your PC. (Only Scan is Free) After scan you could search and remove whitesmoke files manually
- Launch a browser and enter http://www.anti-spyware-101.com/download-sph into the address box. Hit Enter.
- Click Save File.
- Double-click on the downloaded file, select Run and complete the installation.
- Hit the Scan Computer Now! button and allow SpyHunter to detect running infections.
- Click Fix Threats and all detected malware will be deleted in no time.
100% FREE spyware scan and
tested removal of Whitesmoke Toolbar*
Should you have more questions regarding the removal, Anti-Spyware-101.com researchers are ready to help. All you have to do is post a comment below.
Stop these Whitesmoke Toolbar Processes:
Remove these Whitesmoke Toolbar Files:
%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\kfkcangbigakljkjeglcofaomihpejif
%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\CRE
Remove these Whitesmoke Toolbar Registry Entries:
WhiteSmoke US New Toolbar