What is VideoConvert Toolbar?
If you often need to convert various videos you might think that VideoConvert Toolbar could help you with that, but we are not sure it would be a good idea. After all, this toolbar is classified as adware, which means that it collects information on what websites you visit and what keywords you enter into your search engine. What’s more, you might be exposed to commercial third-party advertisements that could be related to malware distribution networks. That is not something you would want to encounter, so if you remove VideoConvert Toolbar right now, you may protect your system from potential exploitations and infections.
Where does VideoConvert Toolbar come from?
This toolbar belongs to the Mindspark family, and just like all programs from this group (including FindMeFreebies Toolbar, EmailFanatic Toolbar, BigGameCountdown Toolbar, etc.) it can enter target computers using a variety of methods. For example, it is actually possible to download the application from getvideoconvert.com. All Mindspark applications have official homepages, and they function just fine.
In other words, VideoConvert Toolbar does not try to hide its presence from you, and, consequently, we cannot label it as a dangerous computer infection. After all, it does inform you about the oncoming installation, even if it comes bundled with freeware. In fact, it is far more likely that you will install the toolbar along with various freeware apps that come bundled in a software package from a file-sharing website. It is strongly recommended that you read all the installation steps on a third-party installer. It could be possible avoid installing VideoConvert Toolbar, but the problem is that users often miss their chance by breezing through the installation wizard.
What does VideoConvert Toolbar do?
VideoConvert Toolbar is compatible with Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Google Chrome. Upon the installation, the program will add an extension to your browser, and it might also change your default homepage and search engine settings. Now, do not panic. This program is not a browser hijacker even though the browser settings modification might catch you unprepared.
This toolbar promotes the Ask.com search engine, just like all the other programs from the Mindspark family. This search engine is supposed to be a reliable search provider, but the actual search service was discontinued in 2011, and now the engine is often outsourced by third parties. This means that it is not safe to use Ask.com when it gets installed by VideoConvert Toolbar. You can never know what third-party content this search engine might promote.
In the worst case scenario, you could be redirected to a malware-related website that promotes dangerous programs and steals your personal information. Albeit VideoConvert Toolbar does not try to infect you with malicious threats, everything might start with this application, so you will definitely save yourself a lot of troubles if you delete the program today.
How do I remove VideoConvert Toolbar?
You will find an entry for this toolbar in your Control Panel. You can uninstall the application without any difficulties although you will need to restore your browser settings manually. Please do not forget that you will have to check for other potentially unwanted and perhaps dangerous programs by running a full system scan. For any further questions or comments, please do not hesitate to leave us a message below.
Manual VideoConvert Toolbar Removal
Windows 8 & Windows 8.1
- Move the mouse cursor to the lower right corner of your screen.
- When the Charm bar appears, click Settings and go to Control Panel.
- Open Uninstall a program and remove VideoConvert Toolbar.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Press the Start menu button and go to Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and remove VideoConvert Toolbar.
- Open the Start menu and navigate to Control Panel.
- Access Add or remove programs and uninstall VideoConvert Toolbar.
Modify Your Browser’s Settings
- Press Alt+T and select Internet options.
- Change your homepage address under the General tab and click OK.
- Press Alt+T and go to Manage add-ons.
- Click Search providers on the left.
- Set a new default search engine, remove Ask Search and click Close.
- Press Alt+T and select Options.
- Change your homepage address under the General tab.
- Click the Search button on the left pane.
- Change your default search engine and remove Ask Search from the list.
- Press Alt+T and now open Add-ons.
- Disable and remove VideoConvert from Extensions.
- Restart your browser for the changes to take effect.
- Press Alt+F and navigate to More tools.
- Open Extensions and remove VideoConvert.
- Press Settings on the left.
- Select Open a specific page or set of pages under On Startup.
- Change your homepage address and press OK.
- Click Manage search engines under Search.
- Set a new default search engine, delete Ask Search and press Done.
tested removal of VideoConvert Toolbar*100% FREE spyware scan and