What is StartNow Toolbar?
Despite being legitimate, StartNow Toolbar is a web browser extension which is often categorized as a potentially unwanted program. You can install it on your Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox browsers from the official page about.startnow.com. The toolbar is meant to help you access websites like Amazon, eBay, Facebook or Twitter with one click. As you can see, all of these sites require you to login using passwords and usernames. Even though the extension is authentic, Anti-Spyware-101.com security experts do not recommend logging into your personal accounts through third party programs which use tracking cookies. Do you want to remove StartNow Toolbar? Maybe you are content with the add-on but want to change your home page? Read more to learn how to delete the application and how to reconfigure browser settings.
Is StartNow Toolbar a browser hijacker?
StartNow Toolbar is not a browser hijacker, even if the first impression may be different. If after installing the add-on onto your Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox browsers your home page has been changed to startnow.com – there is no one else to blame but yourself. This is because you can choose not to change any browser settings through the installation wizard. Luckily, it only takes a few seconds to change this option. If you have downloaded the Conduit version of the StartNow Toolbar, you will need to perform a few additional tasks. Either way, we strongly recommend that you remove the toolbar from your PC if you do not find its services absolutely necessary. This is because you should not share your login data with numerous sources. And there is no doubt that Zugo toolbar can collect some of your private information:
We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your browser until you delete them) to improve your experience on the Site (e.g., by keeping you logged in). […] We use log files and Cookies to improve the quality of our content, to keep you logged into a session and track the pages you have visited; and to tailor content to your interests and to personalize the Services on your behalf.
How to remove StartNow Toolbar?
Unless your Windows system is beleaguered with malicious programs, manual StartNow Toolbar removal should not be complicated. All you have to do is follow the guides below to delete the application from the PC and Internet browsers.
Delete StartNow Toolbar from the operating system
- Navigate to the left of the Task Bar and click on Start.
- Select Control Panel.
- Double-click on Add or Remove Programs.
- Click on the toolbar and select Remove.
Windows Vista and Windows 7:
- Click on the Start menu icon (left of the Task Bar) and go to Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program.
- Right-click on the unwanted toolbar and select Uninstall.
Delete StartNow Toolbar from the browsers
- Open the browser and simultaneously tap Ctrl+Shift+A.
- In the Add-ons Manager click Extensions.
- Navigate to the unwanted add-on and click the Remove/Uninstall button on the right.
- Tap Alt+T and go to Options.
- Click on the General tab.
- Enter the URL address of your preferred home page and click OK.
- Launch the browser and simultaneously tap Alt+T.
- Click on Manage Add-ons and select Toolbars and Extensions (menu on the left).
- Click on the unwanted add-on and select Disable.
- Go back to the Tools menu (Alt+T) and select Internet Options.
- Click on the General tab, change the home page and click OK.
Should you have more questions regarding the removal of the program, Anti-Spyware-101.com team is ready to help you out. All you have to do is post a comment below. Please be as detailed as possible with your issues so that we could help you delete the add-on. Additionally, we recommend installing a free spyware scanner SpyHunter to find out if your PC is safe to use.
tested removal of StartNow Toolbar*100% FREE spyware scan and