What is SpecialSavings?
Are you looking for an application which could help you save money whilst shopping online? You have to be very careful because such browser plugins as SpecialSavings could lead you to serious virtual security risks. Even though the application could travel alongside freeware or bundled downloads, you may also download it from specialsavings.com, where you are convinced that the add-on “brings you the best online coupons, promo codes, deals, grocery coupons and bargains that saves you money.” Regardless, it is clear that certain programs turn out to be completely different than what you expect them to be. Even though the browser add-on is not categorized malicious, you should run it carefully. Please continue reading to find out why you may want to delete SpecialSavings, and what removal tasks you should perform.
Is SpecialSavings malicious?
Once you download the program onto the PC or it comes bundled with other software, SpecialSavings add-on is attached to Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome browsers. The plugin then starts observing your virtual activity to collect information about your browsing habits and preferences. This is essential for the extension to produce pop-up ads, offers and discounts which are valuable for you. Despite this, the developers of the add-on could store information about you and share it with third party members. This raises a risk of receiving pop-ups which are produced by malignant third parties. So, if you do not want to become a victim of schemers, Anti-Spyware-101.com researchers suggest that you remove SpecialSavings from the computer.
How to remove SpecialSavings?
There are reliable sites and applications which you can use to find online shopping discounts. Despite this, we do not recommend trusting SpecialSavings. If you want to delete this program from the PC – follow the manual removal instructions below. If you are confused by any of the steps, you can post a comment below so that we could help you delete the add-on.
Delete the plugin from the computer
- Right-click on the Metro UI start screen.
- Select All apps and go to Control Panel.
- Click on Uninstall a program.
- Right-click on the application you wish to remove and select Uninstall.
- Open the Start menu and go to Control Panel.
- Click on Uninstall a program.
- Find he program you want to remove, right-click and Uninstall.
- Click on the Start menu icon.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Select the unwanted program and select Remove.
Delete the plugin from the browsers
- Launch a browser and simultaneously tap Alt+T.
- Click on the Manage Add-ons and select Toolbars and Extensions.
- Select Special Savings and click Disable.
- Launch a browser and simultaneously tap Ctrl+Shift+A.
- From the menu on the left of the Add-ons Manager click on Extensions.
- Click Remove located on the right of the unwanted add-on.
- Launch a browser and simultaneously tap Alt+F.
- Go to Tools and click Extensions.
- Click on the trash icon placed on the right of the unwanted extension and select Remove.
If you feel that your operating Windows system is infected with malware – install our reliable and free-of-charge spyware scanner. It will determine whether you need to delete infections from the PC or not.