What is Softonic-Eng Toolbar?
Softonic-Eng Toolbar is a browser plugin that is not a direct system threat, but it should not be allowed to stay on your computer. It can be considered a potentially unwanted program due to the fact that in the long run it exposes your system to dangerous infections, and you could end up with a serious Trojan or a virus on your computer eventually. Not to mention that it interferes with your browsing process and it is extremely annoying. Remove Softonic-Eng Toolbar from your computer and then make sure that there are no other potentially unwanted programs installed.
Where does Softonic-Eng Toolbar come from?
The origins of this toolbar are very clear – it is part of the Conduit family that includes countless browser plugins available online. Therefore, Softonic-Eng Toolbar is directly related to IsoBuster, Freecorder Toolbar, Findr and other plugins that users have complained and are still complaining about.
It is possible to download Softonic-Eng Toolbar in two major ways – at the official website, or from a third party website. For official download you can access steng7.ourtoolbar.com. When you download Softonic-Eng Toolbar from third party website, the toolbar usually comes bundled with other freeware applications and you do not even notice when or how to install the plugin on your PC.
What does Softonic-Eng Toolbar do?
Contrary to many users may think Softonic-Eng Toolbar is not a browser hijacker. It is merely a potentially unwanted program, but if your browser settings have been changed then it means you gave your own permission for it. Should you install the full setup for Softonic-Eng Toolbar, your default home page and search engine will be modified for Conduit Search and you will be exposed to random pop-up advertisements, most of which are embedded there by third parties. It means that almost anyone can exploit Softonic-Eng Toolbar to display various ads and other pop-ups, and in case cyber criminals make use of this plugin, by clicking on any of the pop-up ads you could get redirected to a corrupted website that distributes malware.
How to remove Softonic-Eng Toolbar?
In order to prevent this from happening, you are strongly recommended to remove Softonic-Eng Toolbar from your computer right now. Luckily, it is possible remove the plugin your computer on your own, however, after manual removal you are suggested to scan your PC with SpyHunter free scanner. The full system scan will help you to determine whether you have removed Softonic-Eng Toolbar successfully, and whether there are other potentially dangerous programs on your computer or not.
Manual Softonic-Eng Toolbar Removal
- Move mouse cursor to the bottom right of the screen.
- When Charms bar appears, click Settings and navigate to Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program and remove Softonic-Eng Toolbar.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and remove Softonic-Eng Toolbar.
- Press Start button and click Control Panel.
- Select Add or remove programs and uninstall Softonic-Eng Toolbar.
Remove Softonic-Eng Toolbar from browser
- Press Alt+X and go to Internet options.
- Click Use Default button under General tab and click OK.
- Press Alt+X and go to Manage add-ons.
- Click Search providers on the left.
- Set a new default search engine and remove Conduit Search.
- Press Firefox button and go to Options.
- Under General tab and click Restore to Default. Click OK.
- Click the Search engine icon on the left of search box.
- Select Manage search engines, remove Conduit Search from the list and click OK.
- Press Alt+F and go to Settings.
- Select Open a specific page or set of pages under On Startup.
- Change your home page address and click OK.
- Select Manage search engines under Search.
- Set a new default search engine and remove Conduit Search. Click Done.
In case you run into any problem while removing Softonic-Eng Toolbar, leave us a comment in the box below.
tested removal of Softonic-Eng Toolbar*100% FREE spyware scan and