What is snapdo.com?
snapdo.com is a browser hijacker that you are definitely better off without. It comes in a shape of a search engine and it looks like a legitimate website that can provide a reliable search function. However, apart from the search, snapdo.com also displays commercial advertisements on its homepage and it is a general knowledge that the website does not review these third party ads before displaying them. These advertisements are only one of the reasons why you should be weary of this website. If your home page is changed to snapdo.com, remove the application right now, in order to protect yourself from dangerous malware infections.
Where does snapdo.com come from?
It is possible to download the browser extension that changes your home page to snap.do or search.snapdo.com from the official website at snap.do. However, most often users get the installer file into your system via bundled freeware downloads. It means that when you download various free software applications and games from third party websites, installers for additional programs (such as snapdo.com) may be included in the freeware setup as well. Hence, when you install freeware on your PC, be attentive and make sure that you uncheck boxes that inform you about the snapdo.com installation.
What does snapdo.com do?
According to the official website, snapdo.com is supposed to improve your web browsing experience, and customize your web search engine according to your preferences. It means that the application tracks your web browsing habits in order to provide search results that are related to your likes. Also, snapdo.com displays commercial advertisements and various sponsored links that may lead you to corrupted websites.
If you install the full version of snapdo.com, your home page and default search engine will be changed to search.snapdo.com and it is very likely that you will experience an onslaught of pop-up ads that contain outgoing links to third party websites.
How to remove snapdo.com?
snapdo.com itself is not an extremely dangerous application, but users should remove it from their computers, because with your home page changed to snapdo.com, there is a high chance of dangerous malware infection slithering into your system. It is for the best to get rid of this application and then restore your browser settings manually. Luckily you can easily remove snapdo.com via Control Panel. Simply follow the instructions below for manual removal.
How to remove snapdo.com from PC
- Move mouse cursor to the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Press Settings on Charms bar and go to Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program and remove Snap.Do.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and remove Snap.Do.
- Open Start menu and go to Control Panel.
- Select Add or remove programs and uninstall Snap.do.
After manual removal your browser’s default settings should be restored, but if that does not happen follow the instructions below to restore your browser settings.
How to remove snapdo.com from browser
- Press Alt+X and click Internet options.
- Open Advanced tab and click Reset.
- Select Delete personal settings and press Delete.
- Click Close and OK.
- Press Firefox button and navigate to Help.
- Click Troubleshooting information and press Reset Firefox on a new tab.
- Click Reset Firefox again and then Finish.
- Press Alt+F and click Tools.
- Select Extensions and remove Snap.do.
- Click Settings on the left and select Open a specific page or set of pages.
- Click Set pages and change your home page. Click OK.
- Select Manage search engines under Search.
- Set a new default search engine, remove search.snapdo.com and click Done.
If you think that there might be other unwanted programs on your PC, scan it with SpyHunter free scanner. It is recommended in order to check whether snapdo.com allowed other undesirable applications to enter your system. Protect your computer from dangerous intruders.
100% FREE spyware scan and
tested removal of snapdo.com*