What is Search.searcheasysta.com?
Have you been pushed into changing your homepage to Search.searcheasysta.com when installing an add-on called “Easy Speed Test Access?” Both the hijacker and the add-on were created by Polarity Technologies Ltd., and they usually travel bundled together. Although you might find the hijacker attached to other suspicious, potentially unreliable programs, it is unlikely that you will find the extension traveling without the hijacker. That is because it is embedded into the interface of the extension. If you have downloaded “Easy Speed Test Access,” you know that it shows up on the New Tab page. If you have installed it onto Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer, your homepage must have been modified as well. Regardless of how the infection manifests, we strongly recommend removing it. If you are not experienced, you should read this report and follow the instructions to ensure that you delete Search.searcheasysta.com successfully. If you are more experienced, and you do not care to learn about this infection, you can move straight to the removal guide below.
How does Search.searcheasysta.com work?
Search.searcheasysta.com is identical to Search.searchbuscar.com, Search.searchdcnow.com, and many other hijackers created by the same company. They all represent quick-access links to popular, as well as less-known websites. For example, the hijacker we are discussing provides you with access to gmail.com, facebook.com, amazon.com, as well as news.mynewswire.co, broadbandchoices.co.uk, and fcc.gov. Because the extension representing this search tool promises to help you check your Internet speed, the interface of the hijacker also displays a tool that immediately tests the speeds. Although these features might seem to be useful, there is no doubt that you can access them using your browser. You do not actually need an additional tool for that. Of course, the extension was not created to provide you with highly beneficial or exclusive services. On the contrary, it was created to showcase a search tool that cannot be trusted. According to Anti-Spyware-101.com malware research team, your virtual security could be jeopardized if you use the search service, and that is something you have to be cautious about.
Have you used Search.searcheasysta.com as a search tool already? If you have, you know that it redirects to Yahoo Search. Though you are directed to a search engine that you are likely to be familiar with, you must not ignore the fact that the threat is capable of redirecting you without your permission. Another problem is that third-party advertisements and sponsored content could be shown to you along with regular results. Because of this, the hijacker can also be identified as an advertising-supported program. Unfortunately, the ads could be selected according to your browsing history, which might make them highly attractive. Are you surprised that Search.searcheasysta.com can record information regarding your virtual activity? If you are, you will be even more surprised to learn that this hijacker employs data trackers that could record personally-identifiable information as well! Needless to say, if that is something you want to avoid, you have to get rid of the hijacker immediately.
How to delete Search.searcheasysta.com
If you get rid of the undesirable extension, the cookies responsible for tracking information are likely to remain active. This is why we suggest resetting your browsers. If you do that, you will have the unreliable Search.searcheasysta.com deleted along with intrusive tracking cookies. The guide below explains how to reset browsers and then readjust the homepage and search provider settings. If you need further assistance with the manual removal operation, do not hesitate to start a conversation in the comments section. If you have downloaded the hijacker bundled with malicious programs (note that even legitimate-looking software can turn out to be malicious), anti-malware software can be very helpful. After this software automatically deletes the malicious software found on your operating system, it can successfully guard it against the threats that might try to invade it in the future.
- Uninstall the app representing the extension via Control Panel.
- Launch the browser and tap Alt+T.
- Select Internet options and click the Advanced tab.
- Click Reset, select Delete personal settings, and click Reset again.
- Restart the browser, tap Alt+T, and select Internet options.
- Click the General tab and move to the Home Page box.
- Enter the URL representing the page you want to see on startup. Click OK.
- Tap Alt+T one more time and select Manage Add-ons.
- In the Search Providers section set the desired provider. Click Close.
- Open the browser and tap keys Alt+F.
- Select More tools and then click Extensions.
- Click the recycle bin next to the unwanted add-on and choose Remove.
- In the menu on the left click Settings and then click Show advanced settings.
- Click Reset settings and then Reset.
- Restart the browser, tap Alt+F, and select Settings.
- Mark Open a specific page or pages under On Startup and click Set pages.
- Enter the URL of the desired startup page. Click OK.
- Under Search click Manage search engines.
- Set the desired search provider and click Done.
- Open the browser and tap keys Ctrl+Shift+A.
- Move to the Extensions menu and then Remove the undesirable add-on.
- Tap Alt+H keys to open the Help menu.
- Select Troubleshooting Information and then click Refresh Firefox.
- Restart the browser, tap Alt+T, and choose Options.
- In the General menu move to the Home Page and enter the desired URL.
- In the Search menu set the desired search provider.
tested removal of Search.searcheasysta.com*100% FREE spyware scan and