What is Search.searchdirma.com?
Our research team classifies Search.searchdirma.com as a browser hijacker. There is a possibility that you have accepted the homepage, default provider, and new tab modifications, but it is most likely that you saw no other option. This hijacker is most likely to come bundled with the Directions Mapper by SaferBrowser extension, and you cannot install the extension without accepting the modifications because, in reality, it is represented via the hijacker itself! Anti-Spyware-101.com malware experts warn that although this hijacker looks like a regular search provider, trusting it could be dangerous, and, therefore, not recommended. In this report, we discuss the removal of Search.searchdirma.com, as well as all of the reasons why that is considered necessary. If you are curious about these things as well, you should continue reading before you jump to the guide below that shows how to delete the hijacker.
How does Search.searchdirma.com work?
When discussing Search.searchdirma.com, it is very important to discuss Directions Mapper as well. This extension was created by SaferBrowser, the company that has created Search.searchmab.com, Search.nw-cmf.com, and many other infamous hijackers that we have reported in the past. Needless to say, SaferBrowser does not have the best reputation because the software it creates is usually classified as unreliable or even malicious. Directions Mapper is officially represented at directions-mapper.com, and you can acquire it from the Chrome web store. According to our research, this extension could also be promoted via third-party installers that you might come across on unreliable file-sharing sites. If the installer is set up by a malicious software distributor, you might find Search.searchdirma.com being distributed along with malicious installers. Needless to say, if malicious threats slither into your operating system, you have to remove them immediately. The first thing you need to do is identify these threats, and you can do that using a trusted malware scanner.
If you install Search.searchdirma.com packaged with the Directions Mapper add-on, you might find that the homepage on Firefox or Internet Explorer is modified. This hijacker might also affect the default search provider. Google Chrome users are unlikely to notice any changes besides the fact that the add-on is represented via the New Tab page. Regardless of which browser this hijacker affects, you will face the same interface that lists easy-access links to popular services (e.g., Gmail, Facebook, and YouTube) and that displays a search dialog box. If you end up using the search tool, you will discover that it redirects to Yahoo Search, and that in itself is a good reason to delete Search.searchdirma.com from your browsers. The results delivered to you via this search engine can be modified by SaferBrowser to include ads, and that might make the entire web browsing experience dangerous and risky. If you do not want to put your own virtual security at risk, you should stop using the hijacker immediately.
Before you delete Search.searchdirma.com from your browsers, we recommend choosing the best replacement. If you liked to homepage and default search provider tools you used before, you need to look no further. However, if you want something else, we advise doing your research. Make sure you replace the hijacker with a reliable and useful search tool.
How to eliminate Search.searchdirma.com
You have to uninstall Directions Mapper via Control Panel if it has taken over your Internet Explorer browser. You can easily remove this unwanted program directly from Chrome and Firefox browsers. The chances are that you will have Search.searchdirma.com deleted as soon as you get rid of the extension. If that does not work, you might have to change homepage and default search provider settings, and that is not hard to do. Just follow the instructions below, and if any questions emerge, use the comments section below to forward them to us. You should also consider installing anti-malware software. Even if other threats do not exist – if they do, anti-malware software will find and delete it automatically – this software is essential for the protection of your operating system. You need to set this software up immediately if you want to prevent malware from attacking your PC in the future.
- Click the Start menu icon and open Control Panel.
- Move to Add or Remove Programs and Remove the undesirable program.
Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 10:
- Click the Windows logo on the Taskbar and open Control Panel.
- Move to Uninstall a program and Uninstall the undesirable application.
- Open the browser, tap keys Alt+T, and choose Internet options.
- Click the General tab, overwrite the Home Page URL, and click OK.
- Tap Alt+T again and click Manage Add-ons.
- Move to Search Providers and Remove the unwanted provider. Click Close.
- Open the browser, tap keys Alt+T, and choose Add-ons.
- In the Extensions menu Remove the undesirable extension.
- Tap Alt+T again and choose Options.
- Move to the General menu and overwrite the Home Page URL.
- Move to the Search menu and Remove the undesirable search provider.
- Open the browser, tap Alt+F keys, click More tools, and select Extensions.
- Find the unwanted extension, click the trash bin button, and choose Remove.
- Tap Alt+F again and select Settings.
- Navigate to On Startup and select Open a specific page or set of pages.
- Click Set pages and overwrite the undesirable URL. Click OK.
- Navigate to the Search menu and click Manage search engines…
- Click X on the URL of the hijacker to get rid of it and click Done.
tested removal of Search.searchdirma.com*100% FREE spyware scan and