What is Search.myclassifiedsxp.com?
If you install My Classifieds XP, it is most likely that Search.myclassifiedsxp.com will replace your regular homepage and search provider tools. Anti-Spyware-101.com researchers warn that this suspicious program is compatible with popular web browsers (IE, Chrome, and Firefox), and it can modify your search tools without permission. This means that this potentially unwanted program acts as a browser hijacker. Although users are informed that the suspicious extension modifies the New Tab, they are not informed that changes to the homepage/search provider can be made as well. Of course, we advise removing Search.myclassifiedsxp.com along with the extension it comes bundled with, and not only because it can be installed without permission.
How does Search.myclassifiedsxp.com work?
The suspicious Search.myclassifiedsxp.com is identical to Search.myspeedtestxp.com. This is another browser hijacker, and it is associated with My Speed Test XP. Just like MY Classifieds XP, it is published by Sail Machine, and it is highly likely that both of them were created by the same people. Although these programs offer two different services, they are more alike than you think. For one, both of these unreliable programs present useless search results. Even though you might be routed to Yahoo Search (via extsearch.maxwebsearch.com), it is likely that you will find more sponsored links/ads than authentic search results. We do not recommend using this search tool because the links it shows might route you to misleading sites. In the worst case, you might put your virtual security at risk, and you do not want that, do you?
How to delete Search.myclassifiedsxp.com
Search.myclassifiedsxp.com is a browser hijacker, and the services provided by it are unreliable. Even though this infection represents the search results of Yahoo, we can assure you that the search results will be modified. Surely, you do not want to see advertisements and potentially misleading sponsored links every time you browse the web, which is why you must remove Search.myclassifiedsxp.com from your operating system. The guide below shows how to uninstall My Classifieds XP, get rid of unwanted extensions, and replace the homepage. This is the easy part of the removal operation. Afterward, you need to eliminate other threats that could have taken over your operating system. If you do not know how to do this manually, use an automated malware remover.
Windows 8/Windows 10:
- Open the RUN dialog box (Win+R) and enter Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program.
- Right-click the unreliable application and select Uninstall.
Windows Vista/Windows 7:
- Move to the left of the Taskbar and click the Windows icon.
- Open the Control Panel menu and select Uninstall a program.
- Right-click the unwanted application and select Uninstall.
- Click the Start button on the left of the Taskbar.
- Open Control Panel and go to Add or Remove Programs.
- Click the entry of the unwanted program and select Remove.
- Launch Internet Explorer and tap Alt+T.
- Select Internet options.
- Click the General tab.
- Overwrite the Home Page URL and click OK.
- Tap Alt+T and select Manage Add-ons.
- Move to Search Providers.
- Remove the unwanted provider and click Close.
- Launch Firefox and tap Ctrl+Shift+A.
- Click Extensions.
- Remove the unwanted extension.
- Tap Alt+T and select Options.
- In the General menu overwrite the Home Page URL.
- In the Search menu Remove the unwanted search provider.
- Launch Chrome and tap Alt+F.
- Move to More tools and choose Extensions.
- Click the recycle bin and select Remove.
- Tap Alt+F again and choose Settings.
- Navigate to On Startup.
- Mark Open a specific page or set of pages.
- Click Set pages and overwrite the URL.
- Move to Search.
- Click Manage search engines…
- Click X on the URL of the unwanted provider and click Done.
tested removal of Search.myclassifiedsxp.com*100% FREE spyware scan and