What is search.conduit.com?
If your Internet browser home page has been changed to search.conduit.com, you probably have installed a browser plugin which belongs to Conduit ltd. The company has developed a great variety of different Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari plugins, which are also known as Conduit Community Toolbars. Unfortunately, the more research is done the more it is clear that these plugins are quite useless. Anti-Spyware-101.com security experts have researched these toolbars and came to the conclusion that they are developed in order to promote customized Conduit search tools. You may have already noticed that once you decide to install the toolbar you are offered to change your home page and default search provider. Without a doubt, we can help you remove search.conduit.com and delete other Conduit tools from the computer.
Should you remove search.conduit.com?
Some of the browser plugins related to the suspicious search tool include DivX Toolbar, Sweetdreams-49 Toolbar, Swagbucks Toolbar, VirtualDJ Toolbar and B1 Toolbar. We have analyzed all of these suspicious add-ons, and having them removed is the easy part. It is believed that Conduit programs are authentic and have no malevolent intentions. Nevertheless, it is clear that these tools are related to third-party software distribution and promotion. TuneUp Utilities 2013 and Registry Mechanic have both been noticed to travel bundled with the aforementioned plugins. Note that these programs are usually set to install automatically; however, you have an option to choose not to. All you have to do is un-check the boxes listed next to the programs during the plugin installation process. Note that Conduit search tools have to be chosen for installation.
Search.conduit.com is not a browser hijacker; however, you should be cautious if you decide to use it for web searches. It appears that part of the provided results may link you to websites which have nothing to do with your search queries. Even though the sites themselves could be harmless, you definitely should be cautious about the third-party cookies installed on the browsers after visiting them. If you do not want your virtual activity tracked – delete Search.conduit.com from the browsers and utilize a more reliable search engine.
How to remove search.conduit.com?
Even though search.conduit.com removal is not compulsory, we can show you how to remove Conduit toolbars, change the home page and get rid of the undesirable search provider. Even though these tasks are not so difficult and you can perform them manually, Anti-Spyware-101.com researchers warn that soon enough your PC could be accessed by a dangerous infection. Therefore, it would be best to install a reliable security tool which could find/remove malware and shield the operating system against schemers’ attacks.
Delete undesirable PC programs
Delete from Windows XP:
- Click the Start menu icon and select Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs and click the undesirable application.
- Select Remove.
Delete from Widows Vista and Windows 7:
- Open the Start menu.
- Click Control Panel and go to Uninstall a program.
- Right-click the undesirable application and select Uninstall.
Delete from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI start screen and select All apps.
- Open Control Panel and select Uninstall a program.
- To remove an undesirable program right-click it and select Uninstall.
Change undesirable browser settings
- Open the browser, simultaneously tap Alt+T and select Manage Add-ons.
- From the menu on the left select Toolbars and Extension.
- Click the unwanted toolbar and select Disable.
- Select Search Providers and Remove the unwanted options. Click Close.
- Once more tap Alt+T and click Internet Options.
- Click the General tab, change/remove the Home Page and click OK.
- Launch the browser, simultaneously tap Alt+T and click Options.
- Click the General tab, overwrite/remove the Home Page and click OK.
- Simultaneously tap Ctrl+Shift+A and select Extensions.
- Remove the undesirable extensions and exit the utility.
- Now click the search provider icon placed on the search box.
- Select Manage Search Engines and Remove the undesirable provider. Click OK.
- Open Chrome, simultaneously tap Alt+F, select Tools and click Extensions.
- Click the recycle bin icon placed on the right of the undesirable extension and select Remove.
- From the menu on the left select Settings.
- Under On Startup mark Open a specific page or set of pages and click Set pages.
- Overwrite/remove the default URL and click OK.
- Under Appearance mark Show Home button and click Change.
- Repeat step 5 to remove the unwanted option.
- Under Search click Manage search engines.
- Choose a new default search provider and remove (click X) the unwanted one.
- Click OK to save the changes.
If you have further questions regarding the suspicious search engine, or you have obstacles with the removal instructions – make sure you leave a comment below. Our experienced support team will respond to you as soon as possible.
100% FREE spyware scan and
tested removal of search.conduit.com*