What is Pageset.com?
Pageset.com is a website that gets set as your default home page once you get infected with a browser hijacker. Not only does your home page get changed, the hijacker affects your default search engine as well. According to security experts, there is no exact infection file and the danger lies in the Pageset.com website itself. However, in order for your home page to be modified you do NEED to get infected with potentially unwanted programs, and there is always a way for it. Disregarding the infection method the fact remains that you must remove Pageset.com from your PC if you want to protect your system and your data from serious threats.
Where does Pageset.com come from?
Since there is no separate infection file, chances are that your browser gets modified when you download and install freeware applications from third party websites. It is very common for shareware games and free programs (such as PDF readers or media players) to be bundled with additional applications you absolutely do not need. However, since users install most of these programs themselves, it means that you can avoid potentially dangerous applications by simply opting out. Nevertheless, a lot of users go through the installation process automatically and miss the steps that would spare them from having their home page changed to Pageset.com.
What does Pageset.com do?
The bottom line is that you have to be attentive when you download various programs and browse unfamiliar websites. Although Pageset.com is not extremely dangerous on its own, in case of exploitation it may cause you quite a few problems. When you open the page at the first time, it looks like a decent search engine with shortcuts to YouTube, Yahoo!, Facebook and other popular websites. However, you cannot rule out the possibility that Pageset.com displays sponsored search results and then redirects you to associated websites. Should it be exploited by a malicious third party, you could also be redirected to a corrupted webpage that distributes malware. Thus, Pageset.com has to be removed from your computer, in order to avoid possible security threats.
How to remove Pageset.com?
You can remove Pageset.com manually by resetting your browser settings to default. Yet, that may not be enough to protect your computer from various threats, so after manual removal run a full system scan with SpyHunter scanner, to make sure that you have no other potentially unwanted programs installed on your PC.
How to reset your browser
- Press Alt+X and go to Internet options.
- Select Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and click Reset again.
- Once the reset is complete, click Close and OK.
- Click the Firefox button and navigate to Help.
- Press Troubleshooting information for another tab to open. Press Reset Firefox.
- Click Reset Firefox again.
- Once the reset is complete, click Finish.
- Press Alt+F and go to Tools.
- Select Extensions and delete undesirable plugins.
- Click Settings on the left pane.
- Mark Open a specific page or set of pages. Click Set pages.
- Remove Pageset.com and type in a new home page address. Press OK.
- Select Manage search engines under Search.
- Set a new default search engine, remove Pageset.com and click Done.
If you are having trouble removing Pageset.com from your browser, leave us a comment below and we will figure everything out.
tested removal of Pageset.com*100% FREE spyware scan and