What is OtShot?
OtShot is a freeware application that allows you to edit your photos by adding effects, texts, designs and so on. The application also allows you to share the edited photos with your friends, but the problem is that OtShot application comes with a number of additional programs you may not exactly need. It is important to emphasize that OfShot is NOT a computer virus. It does not try to steal your information or paralyze your system. The reason why it is recommended to remove OtShot is that the programs that come with this application may cause various security risks you ought to avoid.
Where does OtShot come from?
OtShot is developed by Keydownload LTD and the free photo application is available for download at otshot.net. It is also possible to find and download this program from other third party websites that host freeware. Considering the fact that OtShot from the official website comes with at least 3 additional programs, you can never know what other application may be bundled with OtShot if you download it from third party websites. Therefore, you should refrain from installing freeware unless you know exactly where it comes from, and what kind of applications you are installing on your PC.
What other programs come with OtShot?
According to the OtShot Setup Wizard, along with the photo editing application, as a part of installation you also get the official Key Bar Community Toolbar and other apps for Windows, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. It means that your home page and your default search engine can be changed to Search Protect by Conduit (search.conduit.com). What is more, if you install the full setup for OtShot, you will also end up with OptimizerPro on your computer. OptimizerPro is a system optimization program that often displays fake scan results.
How to remove OtShot?
Due to the fact that this photo editing application arrives with a number of potentially unwanted and risky programs, you should remove OtShot along with all the other programs and restore your browser settings. Luckily, it is not hard to terminate OtShot manually. Simply follow the instructions below and then restore your browser settings.
How to remove OtShot from PC
- Move mouse cursor to the bottom right of the screen.
- Click Settings and go to Control Panel.
- Open Uninstall a program and remove OtShot, OptimizerPro and Jolly Wallet.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and remove OtShot, OptimizerPro and Jolly Wallet.
- Open Start menu and go to Control Panel.
- Select Add or remove programs and uninstall OtShot, OptimizerPro and Jolly Wallet.
How to restore browser settings
- Press Alt+X and go to Internet options.
- Change your home page under General tab and click OK.
- Press Alt+X again and click Manage add-ons.
- Remove undesirable plugins from Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click Search Providers on the left pane.
- Set a new default search engine and remove undesirable search providers.
- Press Firefox button and click Options.
- Under General tab, change your home page and click OK.
- Click search engine icon on the left of the search box (top right corner).
- Select Manage search engines and remove unwanted search providers. Click OK.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+A and Add-ons manager tab will appear.
- Remove unwanted plugins from Extensions.
- Press Alt+F and go to Tools.
- Select Extensions and remove undesirable plugins.
- Click Settings on the left and select Open a specific page or set of pages.
- Click Set pages, change your home page and click OK.
- Select Manage search engines under Search.
- Set a new default search engine, remove unwanted search provider and click Done.
After manual removal run a full system scan with SpyHunter scanner in order to make sure that your computer is not beset with other undesirable applications.100% FREE spyware scan and
tested removal of OtShot*