What is Okiitan?
Okiitan is an extension computer users find installed onto Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome browsers. Many believe that the extension was installed without their authorization because it travels bundled with third party installers. Even though it is possible for the plugin to be installed silently, it is much more likely that computer users do not pay attention to the represented installers and miss information regarding the additionally bundled plugin. Either way, you should remove Okiitan from the operating system because this browser extension is completely useless and does not have a beneficial purpose. On okiitan.com it is stated that the application is meant to ‘Increase usability’; however, it is unlikely that you will enjoy the services it promotes.
How does Okiitan work?
Third party affiliates and Okiitan
As malware researchers have discovered, Okiitan is often linked to Brothersoft because the Brothersoft Installer can be used to promote and distribute the extension. It is possible that the developers of the installer will earn money for every successful Okiitan installation. Needless to say, the relationship between the developers of the plugin and the third-party advertisers is based on the financial gain as well. Companies pay money to the advertisers to have their products promoted, and advertisers pay money to the creators of advertisement supported programs to have a platform which could be used to display ads and offers. Cyber criminals are aware of these complicated relations and have the tricks necessary to get in the middle. Note that suspicious third party ads could belong to schemers.
How to remove Okiitan?
Okiitan is a suspicious browser extension which we recommend having deleted from the PC and the web browsers. If you follow the manual removal instructions below, you will have the undesirable application deleted from the PC. However, some files and registry keys related to the application could remain active. Make sure you remove all of them. If you do not know how to delete Okiitan from the PC, we suggest installing a trustworthy automatic malware removal tool. Even if you believe that you can manage the undesirable application on your own, installing authentic security software is a smart decision if you want to keep the operating system guarded in the future.
Remove Okiitan from Windows
Remove from Windows XP:
- Open the Start menu from the Task Bar and click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs and then select Change or Remove Programs.
- Find the undesirable application, click it and select the Remove option.
Remove from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Move to the left of the Task Bar and click the Start menu icon (Windows logo).
- Now select Control Panel and click Uninstall a program.
- Find the program you want to delete, right-click it and select Uninstall.
Remove from Windows 8:
- Access the Metro UI menu, right-click on the screen and select All apps.
- In the Apps menu click Control Panel and go to Uninstall a program.
- Right-click the application you wish to delete and select Uninstall.
tested removal of Okiitan*100% FREE spyware scan and