What is MyImageConverter Toolbar?
MyImageConverter Toolbar is a browser extension that is considered to be an adware program. This means that the main objective of this application is monetary profit. It may not indulge in illegal practices to achieve its goals, but users should be very careful about using the application because it may be subjected to third-party content promotion. Any security-minded user would remove MyImageConverter Toolbar from her system at once, especially if she did not plan to have this program on the computer in the first place. After all, if the program is unwanted, there is no need to keep, is it not?
Where does MyImageConverter Toolbar come from?
MyImageConverter Toolbar comes from the MindSpark family of browser extensions. We have been dealing with adware programs from this group for quite some time now. The latest members of the family include FindMeFreebies Toolbar, EveryLookup Toolbar, VideoConvert Toolbar, and so on. As you can probably tell from the names, each application has something unique, offering you a specific function.
What’s more, there is nothing illegal about MyImageConverter Toolbar and other similar applications because they do not slither into your computer surreptitiously. You can easily install this application yourself if you download it from myimageconverter.com. All MindSpark applications boast of functioning homepages that can tell you more about these programs. If you take a closer look at the site, you will also see that this toolbar supports the Ask Search engine. This means that if you happen to install the full version of the application, Ask Search will be set as your default homepage.
It is not much of a problem if you are aware of the fact, but sometimes MyImageConverter Toolbar could be installed on your in a software package with some other applications. This is very common when users download freeware from file sharing sites. If that is the case, then the toolbar clearly came on your PC uninvited, and you need to do something about it.
What does MyImageConverter Toolbar do?
The application does not try to infect you with malware or anything like that. The problem is that some of its features (like the additional search engine, for example) may inadvertently expose you to unreliable and potentially dangerous content. Not to mention that in the long run the toolbar may start spamming you with commercial advertisements, trying to make you click them so that it would make money for its creators via the pay-per-click system.
The thing is that you can never be guaranteed that you will be redirected to a safe website. MyImageConverter Toolbar may inadvertently host ads that contain links to malware-related pages. If you happen to click them, you would be only one step away from a severe malware infection. Eventually, you could lose your money, and the threat could severely cripple your computer’s system. Keeping in mind such potential consequences, it would be for the good to remove MyImageConverter Toolbar right now.
How do I remove MyImageConverter Toolbar?
Since this toolbar comes with an entry in the list of installed programs, you can uninstall it via Control Panel without much difficulty. However, afterwards, you will also have to delete the extension from Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. Not to mention that the Ask Search engine remains on your browser even after manual removal, so you need to restore your browser settings yourself.
If you encounter any obstacles while trying to remove this toolbar from your PC, please leave us a comment below. You can also rely on a licensed antispyware tool of your choice to protect your system from harm.
Manual MyImageConverter Toolbar Removal
Windows 10, Windows 8.1 & Windows 8
- Press Win+R and the Run command prompt will open.
- Type “control” into the Open box and click OK.
- Go to Uninstall a program and remove MyImageConverter Toolbar.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Open the Start menu and go to Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and remove MyImageConverter Toolbar.
- Click the Start menu button and navigate to Control Panel.
- Open Add or remove programs and uninstall MyImageConverter Toolbar.
Change Your Browser Settings
- Press Alt+T and open Internet options.
- Rewrite your homepage address under the General tab and click OK.
- Press Alt+T again and select Manage add-ons.
- Click Search providers on the left.
- Choose a new default search engine, remove Ask Search and click Close.
- Press Alt+T and open Options.
- Change your homepage address under the General tab and click Search on the left.
- Choose a new default search engine, and delete Ask.com from the list.
- Press Alt+T again and click Add-ons.
- Disable and remove MyImageConverter from Extensions.
- Restart your browser.
- Press Alt+F and click More tools.
- Go to Extensions and remove MyImageConverter.
- Click Settings on the left.
- Mark Open a specific page or set of pages under On Startup.
- Click Set pages and modify your startup page. Click OK.
- Choose Manage search engines under Search.
- Set a new default search engine, delete Ask Search and click Done.
tested removal of MyImageConverter Toolbar*100% FREE spyware scan and