What is MixiDJ?
Even though MixiDJ is a social player available from the official page mixi.dj, this name is usually mentioned when talking about the suspicious MixiDJ Community Toolbar or the mixidj.claro-search.com and mixidj.delta-search.com search engines. The authentic application is promoted as ‘The Best Social Player in the World’ which can help you create free music playlists and share them amongst your own friends. Once you install the application it automatically changes the home page of Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browsers to delta-search.com, widely known as Delta Search. This search engine is highly suspicious because it has been noticed to get installed alongside bundled downloads without the consent of the computer’s owner. So, how should you delete MixiDJ from your Windows system?
Why is MixiDJ dangerous?
Mixi.dj will disclose your Personal Information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary in order to: […] (d) provide you with certain services or products of Mixi.dj or any other third party, whether for commercial or other purposes.
Even though the intentions of the program may seem beneficial, you need to beware of the mentioned third party affiliates. If any of them were schemers in disguise, the private information collected by web cookies could be used to flood you with extremely misleading pop-ups ads. You should also be extremely careful with the home page of your browsers – delta-search.com. There is a possibility that this search engine could provide you with filtered search results and trick you into clicking on sponsored websites. Even though this trick could be used to generate profit based on the pay-per-click systems, it could also be employed to trick you into visiting sites which advertise fictitious software or even malware. Needless to say, MixiDJ removal is highly recommended.
How to remove MixiDJ?
To delete the suspicious browser extension you should pick the strategy which fits you and your situation best. For example, if you are a novice Windows user and you think that your PC is already infected with malicious software, you certainly should entrust automatic spyware removal tools. We recommend using SpyHunter to find and delete all malignant computer infections. If you think you can handle manual removal – follow the instructions provided below.
Delete unwanted computer programs
Delete from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI start screen.
- Click All apps and open Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the undesirable program.
- Click Uninstall to remove it (repeat this for all undesirable programs).
Delete from Windows Vista and Windows 7:
- Open the Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Right-click the application you wish to delete and click Uninstall.
Delete from Windows XP:
- Click Start and select Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Click the programs related to Delta Search or MixiDJ and select Remove.
Remove undesirable add-ons/modify browser settings
Remove from Internet Explorer:
- Launch a browser, simultaneously tap Alt+T and select Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions and Disable the undesirable add-ons.
- Now select Search Providers and Remove the undesirable providers. Click Close.
- Tap Alt+T again and select Internet Options.
- Click the General tab, overwrite the Home Page and click OK.
Remove from Google Chrome:
- Launch a browser, simultaneously tap Alt+F and select Settings.
- Move to On Startup, mark Open a specific page or set of pages and click Set pages.
- Remove or overwrite the provided URL and click OK.
- Move to Appearance, mark Show Home button and click Change.
- Repeat the step 3.
- Move to Search and select a preferred search provider from the drop down menu.
- Click Manage search engines and click X to remove the undesirable search provider.
Remove from Mozilla Firefox:
- Launch a browser, simultaneously tap Alt+T and select Options.
- Click on the General tab and change the Home Page. Click OK.
- Then simultaneously tap Ctrl+Shift+A to open the Add-ons Manager.
- Click Extensions and Remove the undesirable extensions.
If you do not want to worry about spyware removal in the future, it is high time to invest in a good security system. Download SpyHunter to shield the operating system against schemers and remove already running infections.
Stop these MixiDJ Processes:
Remove these MixiDJ Files: