What is Remove Luxemil?
Luxemil is a browser hijacker that infects users when they land on malicious websites. Also, it is common for Luxemil to come bundled with various types of shareware or freeware that user downloads from suspicious sources. The reason why this browser hijacker enters your computer is money. Luxemil generates a mass of pop-up advertisements and once a user clicks on them, he is redirected to websites affiliated with Luxemil,automatically increasing their traffic. Cyber criminals earn money using the pay-per-click system; their revenue also increases with the site traffic.
Luxemil is able to bombard your with pop-up advertisements, because upon the installation it modifies your Internet browser settings. It does not matter which browser you use to surf the Internet - Luxemil affects Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Apple Safari and other browsers. It has been observed that Luxemil changes your default homepage to tracking999.com. Also, all your search results will be automatically redirected to tracking999.com featured websites. It would still seem that you use Google, Yahoo or Bing or any other search engines, but all your search results will be modified by Luxemil, so that you would end up clicking links to affiliated websites.
You will also be a target of Internet marketing campaigns, because Luxemil can track your Internet browsing habits and then direct a whole stream of Internet pop-up advertisements at you.
It is important to understand that if you haven't installed Luxemil on your computer by yourself, then it is very likely that it is directly related to other computer malware. Having a browser hijacker in your system means that you might also be exposed and vulnerable to other malware attacks such as ransomware, scareware or Trojans. Therefore, it is vital to remove Luxemil from your computer right now, before more serious infection takes place. Follow the instructions below for automatic and manual removal:
Automatic Luxemil Browser Hijacker Removal
1. Go here and download SpyHunter: http://www.anti-spyware-101.com/download-sph
2. Install SpyHunter and initiate a full system scan.
SpyHunter will delete Luxemil and restore your default search engine settings.
Manual Luxemil Browser Hijacker Removal
1. Go to Control Panel and uninstall Luxemil.
- For Windows XP: Control Panel --> Add or Remove Program
- For Windows Vista and Windows 7: Control Panel --> Programs --> Programs and Features
2. Open your Internet browser.
- For Internet Explorer: Tools --> Manage Add-ons
- For Mozilla Firefox: Firefox --> Add-ons
- For Google Chrome: Tools --> Extensions
3. Delete plug-in that is not manufactured by Microsoft, Google, Adobe, Oracle or Sun.
4. Rest your default Search provider.
For Internet Explorer:
- Go to Tools --> Manage add-ons
- On the Add-on Types pane on the left click Search Providers
- Delete Luxemil from the list that appears on the right
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Type "about:config" into the address bar and press Enter
- Click "I'll be careful, I promise!" button
- Type "Keyword.URL" into the search bar and press Enter.
- Right-click keyword.URL and select Reset.
- Type "browser.search.defaultengine" into the search bar.
- Right-click browser.search.defaultengine and Reset it.
For Google Chrome:
- Click the button at the far right side of the address bar.
- Click Settings
- Click "Manage search engines" below "Search"
- Remove Luxemil from the list.
Leave a comment below if you have any question regarding Luxemil and its removal.