What is HDVidCodec?
If you wish to run your operating system risk-free, you should remove HDVidCodec immediately. This suspicious browser extension categorized as an advertisement supported program and a potentially unwanted program could come bundled with various unreliable programs. Have you noticed packaged software installed on the PC without your authorization? This means that your operating system is vulnerable, and so even malicious applications could be running. Have you downloaded the program yourself? According to Anti-Spyware-101.com researchers, the suspicious application comes from the same group of PUPs as HDvid codec pack, HDvid Web Plugin, HDvid Plugin, etc. and can be presented through misleading pop-up installers. Overall, regardless of the version of the codec you run, if you wish to delete it from the system – you should not hesitate about it for another moment.
How does HDVidCodec work?
Have you downloaded the suspicious video codec from hdvidcodec.com/download.php? This version of the program has been published by Maynemy and it is bundled with SweetIM search tools. If you do not want to acquire these suspicious search tools, you should un-check the boxes indicating that you accept them. If you miss this step by not paying attention to the options, you will end up installing SweetIM without even realizing it and this may lead you to thinking that your browsers have been hijacked. If you choose to download video codecs from hd-plugin.com, crossrider.com/apps/45971/install_page and sites alike, you may be offered other additional software. If you do not want to accidentally install undesirable software, you need to pay close attention to the download setups.
Depending on the HDVidCodec version you install, you may discover extensions installed on your Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer browsers. As our researchers have discovered, some of these questionable codecs even belong to the Lyrics family, meaning that you may have your browsers flooded with various unreliable browser extensions.
How to remove HDVidCodec?
Do you want to run video codecs in order to enhance online video quality? Unfortunately, this is bait used by unreliable parties to trick you into downloading questionable software. Do you want to delete HDVidCodec, HDvid Codec V1, HDvid Codec V6.0 and similar applications from the system? This is what our security experts recommend because it has been discovered that video codecs often come bundled with unreliable, potentially unwanted programs. Needless to say, if you have discovered suspicious applications running on your system without your consent, you should remove them without any delay. We recommend using automatic malware detection and removal software to get rid of the undesirable software; however, you can also continue with the manual removal instructions below.
Delete video codecs
Delete from Windows XP:
- Open the Start menu (on Task Bar) and select Control Panel.
- Move to Add or Remove Programs, click the undesirable one and select Remove.
Delete from Windows Vista/Windows 7:
- Move to the Task Bar, click the Start menu icon and select Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the one you wish to remove. Select Uninstall.
Delete from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI start screen and select All apps.
- Open the Control Panel and go to Uninstall a program.
- Find the program you wish to remove, right-click it and select Uninstall.
Delete from Mozilla Firefox:
- Simultaneously tap Ctrl+Shift+A and select Extensions.
- Remove/Disable the undesirable plugin and restart the browser.
Delete from Internet Explorer:
- Open the browser and simultaneously tap Alt+T.
- Select Manage Add-ons and go to Toolbars and Extensions.
- Disable the undesirable plugin, click Close and restart the browser.
Delete from Google Chrome:
- Launch Chrome and simultaneously tap Alt+F.
- Select Tools and click Extensions.
- Click the trash icon placed next to the unwanted plugin, select Remove and restart Chrome.
If you have chosen to perform the manual HDVidCodec removal, we strongly recommend utilizing a malware scanner to make sure that no other threats are hiding within the operating system. Note that catching and removing malware in time can save you from a variety of dangerous outcomes.
tested removal of HDVidCodec*100% FREE spyware scan and