What is Goojile.info?
Goojile.info is a browser hijacker that you might not even recognize. When this infection corrupts your browsers, it automatically redirects to http://nova.rambler.ru/search?query= , and so you might think that Nova.rambler.ru is the hijacker you are dealing with. According to Anti-Spyware-101.com malware experts this hijacker, of course, is most likely to be targeted at those who speak Russian. Nonetheless, it is always possible that the infection will transcend all borders, which is why you have to stay vigilant even if you do not visit Russian websites or understand what is represented via them. If the reasons for removing Goojile.info are not obvious to you, we advise reading this report. Here, we explain all of the reasons for eliminating the threat, and we discuss the different methods you can apply to delete it.
How does Goojile.info work?
It is not fully understood how Goojile.info spreads, but our researchers warn that this infection could use any security backdoor to slither in and corrupt your browsers. One of the possible ways this threat could enter your operating system is via software bundles. A bundle is usually introduced to users by parties who have not created the software, but who are paid to promote and distribute it. Obviously, malicious bundles exist, and these could carry dangerous malware. The problem here is that malicious infections are usually concealed in a way that it becomes impossible to distinguish between legitimate and harmful software; unless you research it. So, if you install unfamiliar software just by looking at it or by paying attention to the official information – which is meant to attract you to the program, not to represent it accurately – you might end up installing malware. As you might realize already, if you have let Goojile.info in via a software bundle, you might have to remove other infections as well.
The Search, Images, Organizations, and Filter tools function properly, and so it would be unfair to state that nova.rambler.ru (or Goojile.info) is completely useless. Despite this, trusting this search provider is not recommended because of the advertisements that are shown. Also, it is possible that information representing your virtual activity might be collected by the hijacker, which means that your virtual identity might be at risk. All in all, it should be enough to recognize Goojile.info as a threat just by analyzing its activity. It is clear that this hijacker is hiding itself, and its ability to redirect to a third-party search engine cannot be ignored either. Even if you find nova.rambler.ru useful, how can you trust it after being redirected to it without any authorization? If you take these concerns into consideration, it should become clear why removing this threat is strongly recommended. If you have doubts and you want to discuss your final decision further, you can do so via the comments section below.
How to delete Goojile.info
If you glance at the manual removal guide below, it should become obvious that eliminating Goojile.info is not an easy task. Although we are sure that even inexperienced users could defeat the infection themselves, we advise using anti-malware software. This software can automatically delete Goojile.info along with all active infections. You should install it without any hesitation if you are unable to identify and delete malicious infections, and if you need help protecting your operating system against malware in the future. If there is one thing you need to take away from this situation is that your operating system is vulnerable and that malicious infections can slip in without any warning. There are two ways you can prevent that from happening: Stop using your computer or install trustworthy security software to reinforce its protection.
- Launch RUN by tapping Win+E keys on the keyboard.
- Enter regedit.exe and click OK to launch Registry Editor.
- Navigate to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google\Chrome (or HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Policies\Google\Chrome).
- Double-click the value called DefaultSearchProviderInstantURL.
- Overwrite the hijacker’s URL with the URL of the desired page and click OK.
- Double-click the value called DefaultSearchProviderSuggestURL and repeat step 5.
- Navigate to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search (or HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search).
- Double-click the value called CustomizeSearch and repeat step 5.
- Double-click the value called SearchAssistant and repeat step 5.
- Navigate to HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run.
- Right-click and Delete the value called C.
- Launch Windows Explorer by tapping Win+E keys on the keyboard.
- Enter the directories (one by one) into the bar at the top and Delete files called R and Registry.pol.
- Enter %LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome\User Data\ (or %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\) into the bar at the top.
- Open your Chrome Profile folder (if profiles do not exist, move to Default).
- Delete these files: Preferences, Secure Preferences, and Web Data.
tested removal of Goojile.info*100% FREE spyware scan and