What is GigaClicks?
GigaClicks, also known as the GigaClicks Crawler, is considered to be a bot used for illegal internet data collection. This bot is part of a vast network (botnet) which connects different infected systems, and this is meant to alleviate the sharing of the collected information. Needless to say, the activity of this truly suspicious application is not beneficial to you personally, and so Anti-Spyware-101.com researchers recommend that you remove GigaClicks from the PC as soon as possible. If you do not delete the bot from your Windows operating system, there is a great chance that soon enough you will face various disturbing, unreliable and potentially misleading advertisements. Do you know how to remove these from the system? Continue reading to learn how.
How does GigaClicks work?
It has been discovered that GigaClicks is presented at gigaclicks.net as the world leader in advertising materials collection and analysis. The application is meant to provide you with ClickStream analysis, tips on how to research competition and spy on their displayed ads. In order to connect your operating system to the botnet, the bot can be infiltrated silently, without any of your notice. As our researchers have discovered, the so-called web robot could be proliferated together with unreliable freeware, including DictAddon or Re-markit. This is why you should be extremely careful with the applications you download onto the system. Once the program is activated, it can create iexplore.exe and chrome.exe processes which are designed to spy on you and collect information related to your browsing history.
As soon as GigaClicks creators receive the necessary information, they can enable third parties to use it for online advertising. Have you already discovered suspicious pop-ups, deals, offers or even audible advertisements? This is a sign that an undesirable bot is running on your personal computer, and we recommend that you delete it without further delay.
How to remove GigaClicks?
Delete the suspicious application
Delete from Windows XP:
- Move to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Select Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Find the undesirable application, click Remove and complete the removal carefully.
Delete from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Open the Start menu from the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and find the application you wish to remove.
- Right-click the program, select Uninstall and follow the presented guide with caution.
Delete from Windows 8:
- Access the Metro UI menu and right-click on the background.
- Select All apps, then open the Control Panel and click Uninstall a program.
- Right-click the application you want to remove and select Uninstall.
Please post a comment below if you face irritating advertisements even after the bot has been deleted. Our experienced malware researchers will help you as soon as possible.
tested removal of GigaClicks*100% FREE spyware scan and