What is Funnysite123.com?
Do you believe that Funnysite123.com is a useful tool? Why do you consider this tool useful? Anti-Spyware-101.com researchers have analyzed it, and they could not find a single thing that would be deemed attractive. Sure, the interface of this search tool is clean, and it represents Google search results, but that does not make it useful. If you trust Google, why don’t you set it as your homepage instead? You would solve a lot of security issues by doing so. The reality is that this browser hijacker looks harmless because it has hidden agenda, and the misleading exterior can trick more users. All in all, whether this search tool was installed by accident, using force, or with your knowledge, you need to remove it, and the information represented via this report should help you succeed. If you want to learn more before you delete Funnysite123.com, keep on reading.
How does Funnysite123.com work?
Unsurprisingly, Funnysite123.com is spread along with software that might be malicious. Since it could not stand a chance if it was spread on its own, the distributors responsible for its dispersion might use more attractive programs as decoy. You could also be forced into letting this hijacker in if it is represented as an integral part of a seemingly reliable program. This is exactly how Luckystarting.com, Amisites.com, and other hijackers from the ELEX family are spread as well. In case malware enters your operating system packaged with Funnysite123.com, your virtual security could be in even greater danger as there are infections that could download malware, enable remote access, steal banking information, etc. Obviously, this hijacker is not on the same level as these dangerous threats, which is why we have to warn you about them. Maybe you will need to focus on more dangerous threats first. Click “Download” below to install a free malware scanner that will let you know if you need to remove malicious infections.
As we already discussed, Funnysite123.com redirects to google.com. This is not good news. It does not matter which search engine the hijacker employs. What matter is that it can redirect you without your permission and that it can modify the information provided to you. Of course, regular results are likely to be added, but you must keep in mind that advertisements could be mixed in as well, and we cannot promise you that the ads will be easy to spot. In fact, they might look like regular search results, which means that you might click on them without suspecting a problem. A problem might occur if these ads are misleading and if they redirect you to pages that represent bogus information and offers. On top of all that, Funnysite123.com can record data about you and your virtual behavior. It can do that using tracking cookies and surveys that could ask you for your full name and contact information. The existence of these cookies is why we advise resetting browsers.
How to delete Funnysite123.com
Funnysite123.com is a threat, and threats have no place on your operating system, do they? Before you eliminate this infection, quickly scan the PC to check which other infections might be present. If you discover malware, your perspective might change. Although we propose instructions for anyone who wants to remove Funnysite123.com themselves, we suggest sticking with automated malware detection and removal software if more dangerous threats are found. If you choose to proceed manually, do not forget that every single infection is unique, and the removal procedures are unique also. You can find guides on this website showing how to eliminate various infections. If you cannot find what you are looking for, do not hesitate to request assistance via the comments section below.
- Open Chrome, tap Alt+F, and choose Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings, then click Reset settings, and choose Reset.
- Restart the browser, tap Alt+F, and select Settings again.
- Go to On Startup, mark Open a specific page or set of pages, and click Set pages.
- Enter the URL of the desired home page and click OK.
- Navigate to Search and click Manage search engines…
- Add the desired search provider and click Make default. Click Done afterward.
- Open IE, tap Alt+T, and choose Internet options.
- Click the Advanced tab and then click Reset.
- Mark the box next to Delete personal settings and click Reset again.
- Restart the browser, tap Alt+T, and choose Internet options again.
- Click the General tab and enter the preferred URL under Home Page. Click OK.
- Tap Alt+T one more time and choose Manage Add-ons.
- In the Search Providers menu add the desired provider and select Set as default. Click Close.
- Open Firefox, tap Alt+H, and choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Click Refresh Firefox and then click the same button again for confirmation.
- Restart the browser, tap Alt+T, and choose Options.
- Move to General and enter the URL of the desired page under Home Page.
- Move to Search and set the desired default search provider.
tested removal of Funnysite123.com*100% FREE spyware scan and