What is eazel.com?
Eazel.com is a website that is set as your home page and default search engine when you install Eazel Toolbar on your computer. The website displays a lot of third party advertisements that may be detrimental to your system’s security so it is highly recommended to remove eazel.com and Eazel Toolbar from your computer. Take note that sometimes removing the toolbar alone does not restore your browser settings. Thus, make sure you delete eazel.com to the fullest by running a full system scan with a reliable antimalware tool. Take your computer security seriously and prevent various threats from entering the system.
Where does eazel.com come from?
As it has been mentioned above, eazel.com is part of the package that comes with Eazel Toolbar. This toolbar is one of the browser extensions from Conduit Ltd. group, and so it is related to MIXI.DJ Toolbar, Widgi Toolbar, Travelocity Toolbar and an entire list of other browser add-ons. These Conduit toolbars are not computer malware, and almost all of them are available for download at official websites. Eazel Toolbar is of no exception.
However, apart from having an official website and a search engine via eazel.com, this application might also travel bundled with freeware. Freeware applications are always available for download at third party websites, and it goes without saying that they are not extremely reliable. Users often end up installing programs they neither need nor want, and eventually it may even lead to serious computer infections.
What does eazel.com do?
Users are often bound to think that eazel.com is a browser hijacker, because of the browser settings modifications. Naturally, it is annoying that eazel.com resists removal, but most probably you have allowed for this application to be installed yourself.
The main dangerous associated with eazel.com comes from the pop-up ads. Third parties can make use of the application to promote their content and so even corrupted outgoing links could be embedded in the ads that pop up on your screen. Clicking on any add with a corrupted link could land you on a malware-related website. Thus, if you do not remove eazel.com from your computer, sooner or later you could get infected with malware.
How to remove eazel.com?
Due to the fact that eazel.com is not a computer malware infection, you can remove it manually Control Panel. Just as it has been mentioned in the first paragraph, it would be a good idea to scan your computer with SpyHunter free scanner, as it would allow you to figure out whether there are any other potentially unwanted applications installed on your PC. In case any malicious files are found, do install in a reliable antimalware tool that would help you remove all the malware automatically.
How to uninstall eazel.com
- Move mouse cursor to the bottom right of the screen.
- Click Settings and select Control Panel.
- Open Uninstall a program and remove Eazel Toolbar.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Open Start menu and go to Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program and remove Eazel Toolbar.
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Select Add or remove programs and uninstall Eazel Toolbar.
Change browser settings
- Press Alt+T and click Internet options.
- Open Advanced tab and click Reset.
- Select Delete personal settings and press Reset.
- Click Close.
- Press Alt+H and click Troubleshooting information.
- Click Reset Firefox at the top right corner of a new tab.
- Click Reset Firefox again and press Finish.
- Press Alt+F and click Tools. Select Extensions.
- Remove Eazel Toolbar from the list and click Settings on the left pane.
- Select Open a specific page or set of pages and click Set pages.
- Remove eazel.com and enter a new home page address. Click OK.
- Select Manage search engines under Search.
- Set a new default search engine, delete eazel.com and click Done.
tested removal of eazel.com*100% FREE spyware scan and