What is DeriaLock Ransomware?
DeriaLock Ransomware is a malware that can get onto your computer if you open a malicious email attachment because that is how is known of being distributed. There is no question that you need to remove it from your PC as soon as possible because it will encrypt your files, and put your PC under lock, so you will not be able to use it. It will also block Task Manager so that you would not close this ransomware’s process. There is a lot going on with it, and its functionality deserves a more in-depth look. So let us begin.
What does DeriaLock Ransomware do?
This ransomware is distributed via email spam, but we will discuss this later on. Firstly, we think that is important to know how DeriaLock Ransomware works. Our malware analysts have tested this ransomware, and their analysis has shown that this ransomware is consists of one executable called LOGON.exe that is placed in %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup. Once in place, it will run automatically and scan your PC for files to encrypt. Our analysts say that it encrypts files located in the %USERPROFILE% folder and its subfolders. It encrypts nearly all file types including “.exe" and ".dll" files. As a result, you will not be able to run applications or open any of your files. While encrypting, it appends the files with the .daria file extension.
The ransomware will open a dialog box with a message stating: "Hey, I encrypted your Private files! to get your files back follow the instructions!" After that, it will lock the screen and present you with its ransom note/user interface window. The note states that your files have been encrypted and if you try deleting the ransomware, then it will delete your files. Also, it will delete them in the event you do not pay the ransom. Therefore, you have to be quick to neutralize this infection before the timer runs out. Do not worry about it doing something to your files while you figure out how to get rid of this infection — it cannot take the actions you take on your PC. However, if you want to do something about DeriaLock Ransomware, you must first boot your computer in Safe Mode. That way it will not run on system startup and lock the screen. The cyber crooks want you to pay 20 USD/EUR
Where does DeriaLock Ransomware come from?
Our malware analysts have concluded that this particular ransomware is disseminated using malicious emails. They say that the people who created this ransomware have set up a dedicated email server that sends fake emails to random email addresses. The emails can pose as invoices from international companies such as Amazon, Steam, eBay, and so on, and offer you to open the invoice. You might not be aware that the invoice is an executable disguised as an ordinary Word file. This infection is set to occur silently, and if you do not have an anti-malware program, it will be successful.
How to remove DeriaLock Ransomware
If you want to get rid of DeriaLock Ransomware, you must first boot your computer in Safe Mode. You can find instructions on how to do this below. Only then you will be able to navigate Windows and go to the location of this ransomware. Once you find it is a simple matter of deleting it and emptying the Recycle Bin. Alternatively, you can install an anti-malware application such as SpyHunter to remove it for you.
Boot up Windows in Safe Mode with Networking
- Click the Start button and click Restart.
- Press and hold the F8 key as your computer restarts.
- On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight the Safe Mode with Networking, and then press Enter.
- Log on to your computer.
Windows 7 & Vista
- Click the Start button click the arrow next to the Shut Down button, and then click Restart.
- Press and hold the F8 key while your computer restarts.
- Use the arrow keys to highlight the Safe Mode with Networking, On the Advanced Boot Options screen and then press Enter.
Windows 8 & 8.1
- Press the Windows+C keys, and then click Settings.
- Click Power, hold down Shift on your keyboard and click Restart.
- Click Troubleshoot.
- Select Advanced options, and select Startup Settings.
- Click Restart and press 5 on your keyboard to Enable Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click Start button, and then the Power button.
- Hold down the Shift key and click Restart.
- Select Troubleshoot.
- Then, go to Advanced options and select Startup Settings.
- Click Restart.
- The PC will reboot, and bring you to a Startup Settings screen.
- Use the arrow keys on your keyboard to select Enable Safe Mode with Networking.
Delete DeriaLock Ransomware
- Press Windows+E keys.
- In the File Explorer’s address box, enter %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup hit Enter.
- Locate LOGON.exe.
- Right-click it and click Delete.
- Empty the Recycle Bin.
tested removal of DeriaLock Ransomware*100% FREE spyware scan and