What is Customer Service: +1-855-704-6348?
Customer Service: +1-855-704-6348 is a potentially harmful application that demands users to submit their product key and call the customer support services. Also, it changes user’s background and shows a notification, which should state that “This copy of Windows is not genuine.” However, our specialists at Anti-spyware-101.com have no doubt that what you are seeing is displayed by a malicious application. Therefore, ignore the pop-ups and do not provide your product key or it might be stolen. Instead, you should get rid of the program and ensure your system’s security. Clearly, Customer Service: +1-855-704-6348 cannot be removed via Control Panel, but there is another way to delete it. For more details, look at the instructions available below the article.
How does Customer Service: +1-855-704-6348 work?
There are two particular Winlogon keys in your computer’s Windows Registry. Both of them contain a value name known as Shell. Normally, Shell’s value data should point to explorer.exe. However, Customer Service: +1-855-704-6348 modifies the value name and instead of explorer.exe it places C:\Program Files (x86)\Update\activate.exe. Because of these changes, your computer launches activate.exe every time you log on, and that is why users cannot see their default desktop even after a system restart.
Thus, when you log on you should see a black screen that has a fake Product Key verification window. It only says “Enter a product key” and does not explain much. More details are provided in another pop-up, which claims that “Microsoft Windows must be validated as genuine. Need any help Call Technician Now at 1-855-704-6348 (Toll-free).” We have to inform you that the fictitious technical support could try to sell you expensive support services or software that is unnecessary for your system. Needless, to say that users do not have to submit their product key either as the Product Key verification window on the screen is a fake one.
Where does Customer Service: +1-855-704-6348 come from?
Customer Service: +1-855-704-6348 should come from bundled software that users might find on unreliable file-sharing web pages. If you do not review the terms that are provided in the setup wizard, you might install potentially harmful applications like this one unknowingly. Therefore, users should always check what is suggested on other steps of the installation wizard. That way you will have a chance to deselect the additional software suggestions that you do not want to install.
How to eliminate Customer Service: +1-855-704-6348?
Luckily, there should be a CMD button on the left side of your screen. This button opens the Command Prompt window that you may use to launch needful applications, such as Task Manager or Registry Editor. These programs are necessary if you want to get rid of the Customer Service: +1-855-704-6348. The task is quite complicated, so inexperienced users should follow the instructions below. If you complete every step in the given order, you should erase the malicious application without any difficulties. If you think that you may have downloaded more suspicious software or that there are other malicious applications on your computer, do a system scan with a legitimate antimalware tool. It should find and delete malware that might be hiding on your PC.
Remove Customer Service: +1-855-704-6348
- Click the CMD button.
- Type tasmgr to launch the Task Manager.
- Select the Processes tab and find a process named as activate.exe (32BIT).
- Mark the process and click the End Task button.
- Close the Task Manager and launch Command Prompt again.
- Type start regedit and wait till the Registry Editor appears.
- Locate the following path: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
- Find a value name Shell, right-click it and select Modify.
- Delete C:\Program Files (x86)\Update\activate.exe, type explorer.exe and click OK.
- Go to this location: HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
- Again find value name Shell and right-click to modify it.
- Replace C:\Program Files (x86)\Update\activate.exe with explorer.exe and click OK.
- Navigate to: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
- Find a key titled as Update, right-click it and select Delete.
- Close Registry Editor and open the Explorer (Win+E).
- Insert either C:\Program Files (x86) or C:\Program Files
- Find a folder named as update and right-click to delete it.
- Close the Explorer.
tested removal of Customer Service: +1-855-704-6348*100% FREE spyware scan and