What is Coupon Buddy?
Coupon Buddy is a browser add-on offered by Social Growth Technologies, Inc. It is said to help you find the best offers which is done by displaying various coupons, deals, or special offers. Coupon Buddy can be installed on such browsers as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. The add-on is available at different websites, and we noticed that it is downloaded and installed along with Conduit Apps Toolbar, so if you decide to install Coupon Buddy, you will also get a toolbar which is of no use.
What should I know about Coupon Buddy?
Very soon you may decide to remove Coupon Buddy because of pop-up advertisements which are displayed while browsing the Internet. Moreover, you may not like the offers provided by Coupon Buddy. When the toolbar is installed, you will find a CB icon. When you click on it, you can either “browse deals”, or disable the application:
Turn off Coupon Buddy. I’d prefer to shop alone.
However, it’s not enough to disable the application because the advertisements associated with Conduit Apps Community Toolbar will still be displayed. Want to remove them, too? Remove Coupon Buddy and the toolbar from your browsers; otherwise, you will receive various unwanted pop-ups as this one:
Speed UP my PC by Uniblue
Scan to check for PC issues. Find out how to optimize software and system performance.
Moreover, instead of Conduit Toolbar you may also have another toolbar installed. For instance, you may have your home page changed in Temporary logo, which will provide you with sometimes irrelevant search results, not to mention various advertisements redirecting you to suspicious websites.
Anti-Spyware-101.com team recommends that you do not use the search engines you have after installing Coupon Buddy so as not to get the computer infected with dangerous threats. Do not run the risk of corrupting the system after visiting suspicious websites as the developers of Coupon Buddy, cbapp.com, claim that they are not responsible for the issues related to third-party websites and companies:
This web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Hence, do not wait and remove Coupon Buddy along with the toolbar that might have been installed onto the computer.
How to remove Coupon Buddy?
If you want to get rid of Coupon Buddy, you should follow the instructions. First of all, you should uninstall the program which was bundled with the add-on.
- Go to the Start menu – > Control Panel – > Add or Remove Programs.
- Click on Conduit Search Toolbar or any other program related to Coupon Buddy and then press the Remove button.
- Open the Windows menu.
- Go to Control Panel – > Uninstall a program.
- Double-click on the unwanted application to remove it.
- Open the Charm bar – > Settings – > Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program.
- Double-click on the unwanted program to remove it.
Do not forget to remove Coupon Buddy from your browsers.
- 1. Open the browsers.
- 2. Go to Tools – > Manage Add-ons.
- 3. Select Toolbars and Extensions.
- 4. Click on the unwanted program and disable it in the section below. In case you have Conduit Toolbar, you have to disable Conduit Apps API Server and two entries of Conduit Apps Toolbar.
- 5. Click on the Search Provider in the left side section.
- 6. Select “Conduit Apps Customised Web Search” and click on the Remove button.
- 7. To restore your home page, go to Tools – > Internet Options.
- 8. Open the General tab and in the home page type the page you want to be your home page.
- 9. Click Apply to confirm.
- Open the browser.
- Hit the combination Ctrl+Shift+A to Add-on Manager and select Extensions.
- Find and remove Coupon Buddy.
- To restore the home page, click on Firefox – > Help – > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click Reset Firefox.
- When the reset process is completed, click on Finish.
- Open the browser and hit Alt+F.
- Go to Settings – > Extensions.
- Find Coupon buddy and click on the bin icon.
- Open the Settings panel on the left-hand side.
- In the On Startup section, find “Open a specific page or set of pages” and click on Set pages.
- Remove Search.conduit.com and add your startup page.
- To change the search engine, go to the Search section and click on Manage search engine.
- Remove the unwanted engine and select a new one by hovering the mouse on the end of the line and clicking on Make default.
Now scan the PC with SpyHunter to make sure that all unwanted components are removed. Have some questions? Leave your response below in the comment box.