What is Arestocrat virus?
Arestocrat virus is a ransomware infection else known as Department of Justice Virus, or Fake DOJ (FBI) warning infection. This malicious program blocks users from their desktop access by displaying a fake notification all over their screen. The notification delivered by Arestocrat virus is supposed to push users into paying a fine for something they have not committed. As far as this infection is concerned, it claims that the user has been visiting websites containing pornography, child pornography and other illegal videos. Not to mention you are accused copyright infringement. You need to remove Arestocrat Virus before situation goes out of hand.
Where does Arestocrat virus come from?
This infection belongs to Ukash Virus group, and it includes such malicious programs as FBI Virus, United States Courts Virus and so on. There is a great number of localized programs that lock users out of their computers and then display fake messages that were supposedly sent by the local law enforcement authorities. As far as Arestocrat Virus is concerned, its notification may include the following:
The computer lock is aimed to stop your illegal activity.
To unlock the computer you are obliged to pay a fine of $200.
You have 72 hours to pay the fine, otherwise you will be arrested.
You must pay the fine through MoneyPak
Needless to say, that you should not transfer a single cent to this infection. First of all, you have not committed any crime. Second, Arestocrat Virus is by no way related to any law enforcement authority. It is created by cyber criminals who simply want to reap an easy financial gain, so you should remove this infection from your system ASAP.
How to remove Arestocrat Virus?
In order to terminate the infection, you need to unlock your computer. Do not panic, even though Arestocrat Virus claims that your data will be deleted if you try accessing your desktop on your own that is not going to happen. The ransomware infection simply is not capable of deleting your files. Therfore, once you unlock your PC, invest in a reliable antimalware program that will help you to delete Arestocrat Virus for good.
How to restore desktop access
- Press Windows key and metro Start interface will appear.
- Click the built-in Internet Explorer tile.
- Enter http://www.anti-spyware-101.com/download-sph into the address bar and press Enter.
- Click Run on the download dialog box and download SpyHunter.
- Install the program and run a full system scan.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Restart your PC and tap F8 repeatedly until Advanced Boot Options menu appears.
- Select Safe Mode with Networking and press Enter.
- Access http://www.anti-spyware-101.com and download SpyHunter.
- Install it and scan your PC.
- Follow the steps 1 and 2 above.
- Click Yes on a confirmation box.
- Download SpyHunter.
- Open Start menu and click Run.
- Enter "msconfig" into the Open box and press OK.
- When System Configuration Utility appears, open Startup tab.
- Click Disable all and press OK to save changes.
- Reboot the PC in Normal mode.
- Install SpyHunter and launch a full system scan.
In case you have any inquiries on Arestocrat Virus removal, leave a comment below.
tested removal of Arestocrat virus*100% FREE spyware scan and