What is Anywhere.me?
Anywhere.me is a secure digital publishing platform available at Anywhere.me. The company’s products include portals, dashboards, start pages, toolbars and so on, but if you have Anywhere.me Toolbar installed on your PC it is very likely that the plugin you have is not related to Anywhere.me. That is so, because there is another Anywhere.me toolbar and it comes from the Conduit family. It is very likely that Anywhere.me toolbar wants to come across as an official Anywhere.me product, or simply disassociate itself from Conduit. Do not let yourself get fooled – it is highly recommended that you remove Anywhere.me from your PC as soon as you can, in order to prevent possible malware infection.
Where does Anywhere.me come from?
As it has been mentioned above, Anywhere.me Toolbar is part of the Conduit family. It means that this browser plugin is similar to other applications developed by Conduit Ltd, including Freecorder Toolbar, VisualBee Toolbar, IsoBuster and so on. This browser plugin is compatible with all main web browsers, such as Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. Anywhere.me toolbar can be easily downloaded from the official website at anywhereme.ourtoolbar.com. However, official website is not the only place where it is possible to download Anywhere.me. The plugin may be also downloaded bundled with freeware from third party websites. This fact leads to another assumption that Anywhere.me is a browser hijacker.
Is Anywhere.me dangerous?
First and foremost, Anywhere.me is NOT a browser hijacker, nor it is a computer threat. It is a plugin and it does not get installed on a computer in question behind user’s back. Anywhere.me does prompt you about the oncoming installation, and you can even choose whether you want your home page changed to search.conduit.com or not. It is possible to overlook the step where you can choose customized Anywhere.me setup, but it does not mean that the plugin hijacks your browser.
There are, however, certain security risks associated with Anywhere.me. If your home page gets changed, it will display a list of commercial advertisements, some of which may be of questionable content. Therefore, should you click on an ad that contains an outgoing link to a corrupted website, you could end up infected with malware.
How to remove Anywhere.me?
In order to protect yourself from possible malware infection and annoying redirections, you should remove Anywhere.me from your computer as soon as possible. Follow the instructions below to proceed with manual removal.
- Move mouse cursor to the bottom right of the screen.
- Click Settings Charms bar and go to Control Panel.
- Open Uninstall a program and remove Anywhere.me Toolbar.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Open Start menu and go to Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program and remove Anywhere.me Toolbar.
- Click Start button and go to Control Panel.
- Select Add or remove programs and uninstall Anywhere.me Toolbar.
How to restore your browser settings
- Press Alt+X and go to Internet options.
- Open General tab and enter a new home page address. Press OK.
- Press Alt+X and click Manage add-ons.
- Click Search Providers on the left.
- Set a new default search engine and remove Anywhere.me Search.
- Press Firefox button and click Options.
- Open General tab and enter a new home page address. Click OK.
- Press search engine icon on the left of Firefox search box (top right corner).
- Select Manage search engines from drop-down menu.
- Remove Anywhere.me Search from the list and click OK.
- Press Alt+F and click Settings.
- Mark Open a specific page or set of pages and click Set pages.
- Remove search.conduit.com and enter a new home page address. Press OK.
- Select Manage search engines under Search.
- Set a new default search engine and remove Anywhere.me search. Press Done.
To be absolutely sure that there are no other potentially unwanted programs on your PC, run a full system scan with SpyHunter scanner and then invest in a powerful antimalware program if need be.
tested removal of Anywhere.me*100% FREE spyware scan and