What is aartemis?
Anti-Spyware-101.com researchers have discovered that aartemis is a mischievous browser hijacker which can take over your browsers without any of your notice or consent. It has been discovered that the infection usually travels secretly bundled with fake software or unreliable freeware. Therefore, if you have discovered that the home page and search provider of your browsers have been switched to aartemis.com after downloading some suspicious programs you can blame their distributors. Even though it should be clear that using unauthorized, intrusive programs could be dangerous, many Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox users refuse to recognize the risks. Unfortunately, if you do not remove aartemis the risks are very high.
Why should you delete aartemis?
If you have faced aartemis.com you must be already aware of how this search engine works. The first thing that should be mentioned is that the search engine does not look suspicious at first. Only if you enter keywords into the search tool presented by Koyoter Technology Ltd you will recognize that the search engine is completely worthless and unreliable. Whether you want to browse Web, Images, Video or News all of your search queries are redirected to the Yahoo search pages. This is extremely suspicious and so we do not recommend using the tool altogether. Even though Yahoo search tools are relatively secure and reliable, trusting some suspicious search engine to reach them is completely unnecessary.
There is no doubt that aartemis.com has been created to promote online advertisements, and the web search is only a disguise for it. Have you found the banner advertisements presented within the search engine? If you have you should also be able to notice various in-text and pop-up adverts show up when surfing the web. Most advertisements are supported by the information which can be collected by HTTP cookies which are installed onto your browsers as you visit certain websites or install unreliable ad-ons and search tools. Even though it is unlikely that aartemis cookies would collect private information, they certainly can discover your browsing history. As soon as this information is sold to the affiliate advertisers you are likely to be bombarded by various irritating and often unreliable adverts. Anti-Spyware-101.com researchers warn that clicking on these could expose your virtual security.
How to remove aartemis?
It is strongly recommended that you delete aartemis browser hijacker from the operating system. If you have already clicked on any of the presented pop-ups, installed suspicious freeware or shared private information when interacting with virtual surveys and prize draws, you need to be extra cautious about how you handle your virtual security next. We recommend that you immediately install automatic malware detection and removal software to ensure full-time Windows protection. Additionally, you should stay cautious about spam email attachments which you should not even open, and think about changing login data of your virtual accounts just in case. If you wish to proceed manually – follow the steps presented below.
Delete aartemis from browsers
Delete from Google Chrome:
- Launch the browser, simultaneously tap Alt+F and go to Settings.
- Move to On Startup, select Open a specific page or set of pages and click Set pages.
- Overwrite/remove the default URL and click OK.
- Move to Appearance, select Show Home button and click Change.
- Now repeat step 3 to get rid of the undesirable option.
- Move to Search and click Manage search engines.
- Locate the URL of an undesirable search provider, click X to remove it and then Done.
Delete from Mozilla Firefox:
- Launch the browser, simultaneously tap Alt+T and click Options.
- Click the General tab and locate the Home Page box.
- Overwrite/remove the displayed URL and click OK.
- Now click the search provider icon placed on the search box (top-right of the page).
- From the appeared menu select Manage Search Engines.
- Click the undesirable search engine, select Remove then OK.
Delete from Internet Explorer:
- Launch the browser, simultaneously tap keys Alt+T and click Manage Add-ons.
- From the menu on the left select Search Providers.
- Choose a new default search provider, Remove the undesirable one and click OK.
- Once again tap Alt+T but now select Internet Options.
- Click the General tab and go to Home Page.
- Overwrite/remove the URL and click OK to save the changes.
Have you discovered any difficulties with aartemis removal? Install an automatic malware remover onto the PC or post us a comment below with your questions.
tested removal of aartemis*100% FREE spyware scan and