What is ReckCoupon?
Coupons, discounts, and deals are often used by adware developers to lure in users. ReckCoupon in an advertisement-supported program that promises its customers to produce this kind of content; however, this program was not created to assist users. The real task for this program is to enable third-party advertisers to show ads. This means that the supposedly beneficial shopping assistant is just a platform that unfamiliar parties can use to reach out to users. Needless to say, this is not an innocent program that is misused by malicious parties. On the contrary, the developers of this program knew exactly what they were doing when they were creating this devious ad-supported program. Continue reading to learn more about these developers and the removal of ReckCoupon.
How does ReckCoupon work?
Anti-Spyware-101.com researchers are sure that the developers of ReckCoupon are experienced at what they do because this ad-supported program has hundreds of clones, all of which were built using the Justplugit engine. ExportApplicati and TorqueShip are just a few of the many programs that not only work the same but are also distributed in the same way. Our research shows that, in most cases, these programs are spread by unreliable third-party installers, such as Vittalia and Installrex. Did you know that these installers can bundle adware with browser hijackers (e.g., Websearch.hotfindings.info), potentially unwanted programs, and malicious software? Even if you have not encountered other unfamiliar or malicious programs after installing ReckCoupon, you should not assume that they do not exist. In most cases, the most malicious programs are the ones that can hide the best.
We want to take this opportunity to talk to you about careless behavior. If you did your research and installed software using trusted methods, it is unlikely that you would need to worry about the removal of ReckCoupon or any other unwanted program. The installers carrying this adware are usually promoted on unreliable file-sharing sites. If you do not want to encounter malware again, you cannot interact with unfamiliar installers and download software presented via unreliable sites. If there is a program you want to install, make sure that you research this program and then choose a legitimate source (preferably a reputable, official download page) to acquire it. If you are offered to install a free version of a program that users typically need to purchase, there is a great possibility that you are being scammed. In conclusion, if you install software carelessly, you are likely to encounter malware again.
How to get rid of ReckCoupon
The removal of ReckCoupon can be performed using different methods, and you have to think about your own skills and knowledge to make the right decision about which method you should apply. If you are highly experienced and you know how to clean registry entries or eliminate malicious web cookies, we are sure that you will be able to get rid of this threat manually. Keep in mind that you will get rid of the Internet Explorer add-on by uninstalling the program, but you will have to delete ReckCoupon from Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browsers individually. If you have no experience with unreliable adware, it is wise to install automated malware detection and removal software to clean the system for you.
- Simultaneously tap Alt+F to open the menu on the right.
- Select More tools, click Extensions, and find the undesirable add-on.
- Click the recycle bin and select Remove.
- Simultaneously tap Ctrl+Shift+A to open Add-ons Manager.
- In the menu on the left select Extensions and Remove the unwanted add-on.
- Type Control Panel into the search bar on the Taskbar.
- Launch Control Panel and move to Uninstall a program.
- Right-click the undesirable application and click the Uninstall button.
Windows 8 and Windows 8.1:
- Open the Charm bar (in Metro UI) and click Search.
- Find and launch Uninstall a program.
- Identify the undesirable program, right-click it, and select Uninstall.
Windows Vista and Windows 7:
- Click the Windows logo on the Taskbar and open Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program.
- Right-click the program you want to delete and choose Uninstall.
- Navigate to the left of the Taskbar and click Start.
- Open Control Panel and move to Add or Remove Programs.
- Select the undesirable application and click the Remove button.
tested removal of ReckCoupon*100% FREE spyware scan and