What is Protectedsearch.com Virus?
In case you notice web page rerouting to protectedsearch.com, you may need to remove Protectedsearch.com Redirect infection from your computer. Abrupt and unauthorized redirecting should be considered as malicious and dangerous at all times, regardless of the site you end up in. Additionally to this symptom, you may notice that your home page has been changed, browser settings have been reconfigured and operating speeds have decreased. All of this signals that your PC has been corrupted by malignant files and that you need to delete Protectedsearch.com Redirect. Continue reading to learn how to delete the infection from the PC and what risk it could bring to your security.
Is Protectedsearch.com Redirect a browser hijacker?
As research shows, Protectedsearch.com Redirect has been created by the same people who developed search.autocompletepro.com, searchcompletion.com and complitly.com. Any of these sources look like regular search engines at first sight; however, at the bottom of the page you are presented with a link to an online offer. If you click on it, you are routed to a secondary site where you are lured into sharing your details and following other instructions in order to win promoted items. This is a trick that may help schemers drop malware onto your computer and slowly take over the administrative privileges of your entire Windows system. Therefore, it is important not to click on presented ads and ignore appearing pop-up notifications. If you notice any unauthorized activity – inspect your PC and delete Search.easylifeapp.com redirect.
How to remove Protectedsearch.com Redirect?
If you catch schemers’ tricks in time, you should delete Protectedsearch.com Redirect without any problems. Below are the manual removal instructions which will help you in the process. Additionally, Anti-Spyware-101.com recommends installing free spyware scanner SpyHunter once you delete the program manually because this tool can detect remnant files that require removal. Alternatively, if your computer is barely running, you should install the authentic malware removal tool to delete existing threats.
1. Click on Tools and go to Internet Options.
2. Now click on the Programs tab and hit the Manage Add-ons button.
3. Select Toolbar and Extensions.
4. Detect all suspicious programs and click Disable.
5. Go back to the Internet Options and click on the General tab.
6. Click on Settings under the Search.
7. Set a Default search engine by clicking on the button.
8. Select the sites you want to remove from the list and click Remove.
1. Launch the browser and tap Ctrl+Shift+A, or click on Tools and then Add-ons.
2. Under Extensions click on the add-ons you wan to get rid of and select Remove.
3. Now click on Help and select Troubleshooting Information.
4. Select the Reset Firefox button and click Reset again to confirm.
1. Click on the wrench icon on the left.
2. Select Tools and go to Extensions.
3. Click on the trash icon placed next to the item you wish to delete and click Remove.
4. Select Settings from the menu on the left.
5. Find Search and click on Manage search engines.
6. Click on Make default after choosing a new search engine
7. Click Remove on the search engines you want to delete from the list.
tested removal of Protectedsearch.com Virus*100% FREE spyware scan and