What is Police & Gendarmerie Nationale Virus?
Police & Gendarmerie Nationale Virus is yet another ransomware infection which has been developed in the hopes of generating illegal profit. The threat is represented through a screen-locking notification allegedly sent by the French Police. Needless to say, this is a scam and you should pay no attention to the supposedly legal fines displayed alongside fictitious accusations. If Police discovered illegal activity, they would contact you directly, and would not lock down your computer. This is just one of the signs warning you about the scam. Overall, Police & Gendarmerie Nationale Virus removal is the task you should put all of your attention to. Continue reading to find out how you can delete this threat from your paralyzed PC.
Why should you delete Gendarmerie Nationale Virus?
Even though the notification that has locked your access to the desktop seems to be sent by the Police & Gendarmerie Nationale, you should not believe this trick for one second. According to Anti-Spyware-101.com researchers, the alert has been released by cyber criminals who infiltrated the malicious CBeplay.P Trojan onto your PC. As you may already know, devious cyber crooks can produce any information to trick you into giving up your money. Therefore, you should not be surprised to see authentic names, logos and other credentials attached to the bogus notification. The same tactics are related to Policia Boliviana Virus, Cheshire Police Authority Virus, Twój komputer został zablokowany Virus and other recent ransomware infections. They all produce similar misleading information:
Activité illégale a été révélé!
Pour lever débloquer l’ordinateur, vous êtes oblige de payer une pénalité de 100 EUR. L’amende doit être payé pour 24 h depuis de verrouillage de votre ordinateur. Si l’amende n’est pas payee dans le délai prescrit, votre ordinateur va être confisqué, votre affaire devrait être renvoyée à la cour, et toutes les données de votre ordinateur seront supprimées.
How to remove Police & Gendarmerie Nationale Virus?
Your computer has been blocked illegally, which is why you should not even think about paying the demanded fine. Instead of aiding cyber criminals, invest your money in legitimate security tools which could delete the virus automatically and which could guard your virtual security against similar threats in the future. Follow the automatic Police & Gendarmerie Nationale Virus removal instructions displayed below.
Restart your PC in Safe Mode
Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10
- On the Metro UI screen, click the Power icon.
- Tap and hold the Shift key and click Restart.
- Choose Advanced options from the Troubleshooting menu.
- Click Startup Settings and pick Restart.
- Restart in Safe Mode by pressing the F4 key.
Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7
- Reboot your computer and keep tapping F8.
- Select Safe Mode from the boot menu and press the Enter key.
Remove Gendarmerie Nationale Ransomware from Windows
- Press Win+E.
- Locate and delete the random-name executable file in “%APPDATA%” directory as well as the downloaded malicious file.
- Empty your Recycle Bin.
- Press Win+R and type regedit. Press OK.
- Locate and delete “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupreg\07zteb6o.exe” (this is a random-name file that can be different for all users and it is the same as you find in the %APPDATA% directory).
- Exit the editor.
- Restart your computer in Normal Mode.