What is Nymaim?
Nymaim is a malicious ransomware which may be used to trick you into giving up your money to virtual schemers. Even though the infection cannot spread itself, it could be infiltrated onto your computer in a deceptive manner. As Anti-Spyware-101.com researchers have discovered, the infection can be distributed via bundled downloads, fake media players, video codecs or corrupted links displayed on porn websites. If you do not remove Nymaim Trojan from the PC, this infection could paralyze your Windows operating system. The notification displayed by the malicious Trojan could present highly misleading information rushing you to pay fees for the restoration of access to the desktop. Instead of wasting your money, you should delete the infection from the system because this is the only way to ensure that your financial and virtual security is not manipulated by schemers.
How does Nymaim work?
At the moment Nymaim is not an active ransomware; however, it might be used to scam people in the near future. What is more, it could be already active on your own operating system. This malign infection is very similar to FBI Virus, Interpol Virus, Council of Police Virus and other infamous ransomware threats which are controlled by Reveton, Urausy, Flimrans and other Trojans. Nonetheless, this infection is even more dangerous because it creates multiple duplicate files in order to aggravate the detection and removal processes. If you do not delete Nymaim files all at once, it is possible that duplicates will be created. Needless to say, this is why manual removal is not the recommended option. Note that the threat can create multiple points of execution as well. Our researchers have discovered that the infection can modify the Value and Data of Run, RunOnce, Startup, Shell and userinit keys.
The malicious Nymaim creates multiple folders in various locations on the computer and executes files which may use random names, including syow.exe, gdql.mku or klkes.fip. Unfortunately, if the infection has already locked the desktop of the computer, it might be difficult to terminate the processes related to these files. This does not mean that the clandestine files of the Trojan cannot perform other malicious actions. For example, it is possible that the threat will enable the connection to remote hosts. Schemers could even use your personal computer to distribute malware to other systems.
How to remove Nymaim?
You do not need to pay any fines or fees related to Nymaim ransomware. It is possible that schemers will not unlock your computer even if you make the transactions via the presented money transfer systems. Note that all information presented by the infection is fictitious, and so you do not need to fear any mentioned consequences. Nonetheless, if you do not delete Nymaim, it is possible that your operating system will become extremely vulnerable. Therefore, we recommend that you install automatic malware removal software right away. Use the instructions below to complete this difficult task in the easiest way possible.
Remove from Windows XP:
- Restart the computer, wait for BIOS to load and then start tapping F8.
- Use arrow keys to select Safe Mode with Networking and tap Enter.
- Click YES on the ‘Windows is running in safe mode’ notification.
- Launch a browser and visit http://www.anti-spyware-101.com/download-sph .
- Download the installer of a legitimate malware removal tool.
- Now navigate to the left of the Task Bar and click Start.
- Launch RUN, enter msconfig and click OK.
- In the System Configurations Utility click the Startup tab, select Disable All and click OK.
- Restart the computer in the Normal Mode this time.
- Install the downloaded malware remover, scan the PC and delete the detected infections.
Remove from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Repeat steps 1-2 from the removal instructions above for Windows XP users.
- Launch a browser and move to http://www.anti-spyware-101.com/spyhunter .
- Click the download button to acquire a legitimate, automatic malware removal tool.
- Install the application onto the PC, scan it and click Fix Threats to delete malware.
Remove from Windows 8:
- Access the Metro UI start screen by tapping the Windows key on the keyboard.
- Now launch a browser and download the authentic malware remover SpyHunter.
- Install the application and scan the computer.
- Delete all detected infections by clicking the Fix Threats button.
Not all computer users will be able to reboot the system in Safe Mode with Networking. If this is the case, use a separate computer to download the automatic malware remover SpyHunter and transfer the installer onto a removable device. Then restart the computer in Safe Mode with Command Prompt, use the removable device, install the application and run it to delete existing malware.
tested removal of Nymaim*100% FREE spyware scan and