What is Movies Toolbar?
Movies Toolbar is a browser plugin that provides you instant access to new movie news, trailers, reviews and so on. This toolbar is related to Bandoo Media and it may prove to be a useful browser add-on, but more often than not Movies Toolbar is considered to be a potentially unwanted program. That is so, because the toolbar often comes bundled with freeware and users think they are tricked into installing it. Although that is not exactly true, the fact that this extension uses not exactly transparent installation tactics allows us to assume that Movies Toolbar is not 100% safe. Therefore, you are strongly recommended to remove Movies Toolbar from your computer.
Where does Movies Toolbar come from?
As it has been mentioned above, Movies Toolbar is distributed by Bandoo Media, and it is related to iLivid toolbar. It is actually possible to download the extension on your own as well, but most often the toolbar comes with freeware applications that you download at third party websites. When you download a shareware game or any other free application make sure that you do not install any other additional programs. If you skip important steps during the installation, you may end up having Movies Toolbar installed on your browser (Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or Internet Explorer), and it will seem as though you have been hit by a browser hijacker, while it is obviously not the case.
What does Movies Toolbar do?
If you install the full set-up of this add-on your home page and your default search engine get changed to search.ask.com. Then you get various recommendations which websites you should visit, and you will definitely be displayed a number of advertisements that urge you to click on them in order to generate revenue. It is common for such extensions as Movies Toolbar to be involved in the blackhat SEO schemes.
How to remove Movies Toolbar?
Although it has been established that Movies Toolbar is not a computer malware infection, you should definitely remove it from your system, because it may be exploited by a malicious third party. Take all these commercial ads for example – they could be embedded by cyber criminals as well, leading you to a corrupted website that hosts malware after a single click! It is possible, because Movies Toolbar is vulnerable, and it does not review the third party ads it displays. Therefore, follow the instructions below and remove Movies Toolbar from your computer, consequently preventing malware infections from entering your PC.
Manual Movies Toolbar Removal
- Move mouse cursor to the bottom right of the screen.
- When Charms bar appears, click Settings and go to Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and remove Movies Toolbar.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and remove Movies Toolbar.
- Open Start menu and go to Control Panel.
- Select Add or remove programs and uninstall Movies Toolbar.
How to remove Movies Toolbar from your browser
- Press Alt+X and click Internet options.
- Under General tab, change your home page address and press OK.
- Press Alt+X again and click Manage add-ons.
- Remove Movies Toolbar from Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click Search Providers on the left.
- Set a new default search engine and remove Ask.com.
- Press Firefox button and click Options.
- Under General tab, change your home page address and click OK.
- Click search engine icon on the left of search box (top right corner).
- Select Manage search engines and remove Ask.com from the list. Click OK.
- Press Ctrl+Shit+A and Add-ons manager tab will open.
- Disable and remove Movies Toolbar from Extensions.
- Press Alt+F and click Tools.
- Go to Extensions and remove Movies Toolbar from the list.
- Click Settings on the left pane.
- Select Open a specific page or set of pages and click Set pages.
- Enter a new home page address and press OK.
- Select Manage search engines under Search.
- Set a new default search engine, delete Ask.com and click Done.
You may need to restart your browser for the changes to take effect, but in order to make sure that you have deleted all the potentially unwanted programs, run a full system scan with SpyHunter free scanner and then invest in a powerful computer safeguard application if need be.
tested removal of Movies Toolbar*100% FREE spyware scan and