What is Montera Toolbar?
Montera Toolbar is a browser add-on which is developed by Montera Technologies Ltd. Montera Toolbar may also refer to the products created by the company. For example, your Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox can be affected by Claro Search Toolbar or Tovero Toolbar, both of which changes the home page and search provider of the browsers.
Montera Toolbar can be installed alongside free applications that are promoted on insecure websites. Once you launch the installer of a program, do not hurry to finish the installation as it is crucial to read the information given in the installer. Read all the terms and make sure that you are aware of the changes that may be done. For example, the installation wizard may provide you with some options enabling you to choose what browser will be altered. Very often people do not read the options they are provided with and agree to have some unwanted application installed.
How does Montera Toolbar work?
Montera Toolbar can change the home page and search provider of the browsers and generated sponsored advertisements that are aimed at driving more traffic to particular websites. As this type of advertising is accessible to every website owner, you may come across some insecure websites that have been created to infect the visitors’ computers. When your browsers are afflicted by an undesirable and unknown browser hijacker, you should avoid suspicious links to unknown web pages that are supposedly related to your search queries.
Due to the advertisements and other unwanted contents that can be provided by Montera Toolbar, you may also find that it is referred to as an adware application. We recommend that you do not delay the removal of the unwanted application as your privacy may be put at risk.
How to remove Montera Toolbar?
As Montera Toolbar is not the most reliable computer application or browser add-on, we recommend that you use a spyware removal tool that is capable of spyware removal. Moreover, the application should be able to safeguard the system against various computer threats. In order to save your dollars and time, use SpyHunter which will immediately terminate the unwanted browser plug-in and maintain the security of the system.
Montera Toolbar manual removal guide
Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Open the Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program.
- Remove the program related to Montera Toolbar.
- Press and hold down the Windows key and press R.
- Type control panel.
- Click OK.
- Select Uninstall a program.
- Remove the unwanted application.
- Open the Start menu.
- Click Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Select the program you want to uninstall and click the Remove button.
How to remove Montera Toolbar from your browsers
- Press Alt+F.
- Point to Tools – > Extensions.
- Remove the unwanted add-on.
- Click Settings.
- Under On startup, select the third option and click Set pages.
- Delete the unwanted startup page and type a new URL.
- Under Search, click Manage search engines and change the search provider.
- Press Alt+T.
- Click Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and click Reset.
- Select the check box and click Reset.
- Click Close.
- Press Alt+H.
- Click Troubleshooting Information.
- Click Reset Firefox.
- Again click Reset Firefox and select the Finish button.
Having completed the removal, install our recommended spyware removal tool or its scanner to remove Montera Toolbar or its remaining components.100% FREE spyware scan and
tested removal of Montera Toolbar *