What is Mindspark.A?
Mindspark is a software developer which is meant to create unique digital applications for online audience across a diverse range of interests. The company is set to release browser extensions for your Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome browsers accordingly to specific interests. For example, if you are interested in History and virtual tools which may help you find more information about specific facts, history book lists, and so on, you may be interested in installing History Boss Toolbar. In some cases when computer users use authentic security software, they discover a specific malware detection by the name Mindspark.A. If you have faced this as well, it is likely that now you wish to remove Mindspark.A. Please continue reading to learn more.
How does Mindspark.A work?
Mindspark.A is not a malicious program per se. Actually you should treat it as a potentially undesirable program or advertisement supported program rather than vicious malware. As mentioned before, the detection identifies browser plugins developed by Mindspark Interactive Network. Anti-Spyware-101.com researchers have analyzed quite a few different Mindspark applications, and you can use our search box on the right to find individual removal instructions. Here is a list of the most notable browser plugins, and you may have one of them running on your web browsers as well.
- Gaming Wonderland Toolbar
- Daily Bible Guide
- TotalRecipeSearch Toolbar
- OnlineMapFinder Toolbar
- History Boss Toolbar
- Guffins Toolbar
- QuotationCafe Toolbar
It is notable that Mindspark.A applications are usually installed together with Ask Web Search tools. During the installation of the chosen applications a user is presented with an optional search tool installation which can be declined. Of course, many computer users do not pay enough attention to the software they download, and it is not shocking that some of them discover the search tools on their browsers with a surprise. Even though Ask search tools are not exactly unreliable, you may want to delete Ask search tools if they have been installed accidentally and you do not want to continue using them. If you wish to remove home.tb.ask.com and choose a different home page, you can follow the manual removal instructions which are presented below.
How to remove Mindspark.A?
Mindspark.A is a detection you could be presented with by an installed security tool. The detection is linked to the Mindspark applications which are available for Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome browsers. You should not be alerted by the detection because the browser applications are not considered to be dangerous or intrusive. Of course, if you have chosen to delete them, we are here to help you. As mentioned before, you can use individual removal reports by typing in the name of the toolbar into the Anti-Spyware-101.com search box, or you can follow the manual removal guides below.
Remove unwanted applications
Remove from Windows XP:
- Open the Start menu from the Task Bar and click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove all of the undesirable and unfamiliar applications.
Remove from Windows Vista/Windows 7:
- Navigate to the Task Bar, open the Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Move to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you wish to delete.
- Select Uninstall and then remove other undesirable applications.
Remove from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI menu, select All apps and click Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Click the Uninstall button.
Delete Ask search tools
Delete from Google Chrome:
- Open the browser, simultaneously tap Alt+F and select Settings.
- Under On Startup mark Open a specific page or set of pages and click Set pages.
- Now change/remove the undesirable URL and click OK for conformation.
- Scroll down to Appearance and mark Show Home button.
- Click Change and overwrite/remove the undesirable URL and select OK.
- Under Search click Manage search engines and choose a new default search engine.
- Click X on the URL of the search tool you wish to remove and select Done.
Delete from Internet Explorer:
- Simultaneously tap Alt+T to open the Tools menu at the top of the Internet Explorer.
- Select Manage Add-ons and then go to Search Providers.
- Choose a new default search provider, Remove the undesirable one and select Close.
- Tap Alt+T again but this time select Internet Options.
- Click the General tab and navigate to the Home Page box right below.
- Overwrite/delete the presented URL and click OK to save the changes.
Delete from Mozilla Firefox:
- Launch Firefox and find the search box located at the top-right corner.
- Click the search provider icon to open a menu and select Manage Search Engines.
- Select the undesirable search provider, click Remove and then OK.
- Simultaneously tap Alt+T to open the Tools menu and and select Options.
- Click the General tab and find the Home Page below.
- Overwrite/remove the Home Page URL and click OK.
We strongly recommend using authentic malware removal software to keep the operating system guarded against malware in the future. We suggest SpyHunter, if you are looking for a beneficial and reliable software to guard the PC.
tested removal of Mindspark.A*100% FREE spyware scan and