What is Metacrawler Toolbar?
Metacrawler Toolbar is a toolbar which is closely related to Conduit and which can be treated as an unwanted application because it tends to show various advertisements and collect information about your browsing habits. Even though it claims to be able to deliver the freshest content directly to your browser, provide you the best links on the web, and use a powerful search engine, you should use it very carefully. Besides, if you notice that your computer started working erratically, you should remove Metacrawler Toolbar from your computer.
What are the features of Metacrawler Toolbar?
This toolbar uses Conduit Search as its main search engine and it might change your homepage and your default search provider to i.search.metacrawler.com. You should not blindly trust the search results provided by this toolbar because there is always a possibility that they are sponsored. These results might even expose you to potential threats, thus if you want to keep your computer safe, you should remove this toolbar because there are more reliable ones out there.
Another reason why Metacrawler Toolbar is rather suspicious is the fact that it collects the information about your browsing habits. For instance, it might collect the information about your search activity, browsing data (the websites you visit and the time you spend on them) as well as IP address and the geographic location of the device from which you access the internet. All this information is shared together with third-parties. According to Metacrawler Toolbar, this information is necessary in order to display advertisements which would be more suitable for you and provide other offers. However, our specialists recommend not clicking on these advertisements because they might redirect you to the websites whose content is unknown, which means that you might be lead to potential threats.
Metacrawler Toolbar can be recognized from the icons which it includes. If you have this toolbar on your computer, you will definitely see such icons as Links, Feeds, Message, and Radio. Besides, there will be a search box which uses Conduit Search as its engine. As it claims, you will be able to search for images, videos, news, yellow pages, and white pages. The results will be provided by Google, Yahoo!, and Yandex.
How to remove Metacrawler Toolbar?
If you want to remove Metacrawler Toolbar from your system, you can use manual removal instructions which we have provided for you below; however, you should also acquire a reliable tool which will be able to detect the existing threats and remove all the remaining elements of the programs which you delete manually. SpyHunter is the best solution – it will not only delete various threats without leaving any trace, but also keep your computer protected 24/7.
How to remove Metacrawler Toolbar
- Open the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Go to Add or Remove Programs.
- Select the application from the list and click the Remove button.
Windows Vista and 7
- Click the Start button and then select Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program and select the unwanted application.
- Right-click on it and then click the Uninstall button.
- Right-click on the Metro UI menu and select All apps.
- Find the Control Panel and open it.
- Go to Uninstall a program and find Metacrawler toolbar in the list.
- Right-click on it and then select Uninstall.
- Open your browser and press Alt+T.
- Go to Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions and find the unwanted extension.
- Click on it and then select the Disable button.
- Open your browser and press Ctrl+Shift+A.
- Select Extensions from the menu on the left.
- Click on the program which you want to remove.
- Click the Disable button.
- Open your browser and press Alt+F.
- Go to Tools, then Extensions.
- Under the Chrome, select Extensions.
- Find the extension which you are going to delete.
- Click the recycle bin button and after the dialog box appears, click Remove.
tested removal of Metacrawler Toolbar*100% FREE spyware scan and