What is Media Player Enhance?
Media Player Enhance is an adware program. It installs on Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer web browsers as an extension. Technically, it is supposed to improve your overall web browsing quality. However, as an adware application, Media Player Enhance displays a lot of commercial pop-up advertisements promoting third party content the reliability of which cannot be guaranteed. Thus, in order to ensure that your computer is not exposed to any potential threats, it is highly recommended that you remove Media Player Enhance from the PC along with other potentially unwanted applications.
100% FREE spyware scan and
tested removal of Media Player Enhance*
Where does Media Player Enhance come from?
This adware application is related to other programs from Lyrics adware family. Based on its developer and the common icon, Media Player Enhance is a new version of Boby Lyrics, Lyrics Monkey and other similar applications that are supposed to display lyrics alongside a YouTube video. However, all of these programs are notorious for generating an endless series of commercial ads.
Media Player Enhance does not seem to be promoted as an application that can turn YouTube video viewing into karaoke sessions. It is usually distributed with other third party applications such as Activeris AntiMalware or NewPlayer. Thus, if you have Media Player Enhance on your computer, there is a high chance that you have a list of other unwanted applications installed as well. Our sample of Media Player Enhance installer also offered us to install Mobogenie and MyPCBackUp potentially unwanted programs.
What does Media Player Enhance do?
Since Media Player Enhance is an adware application, it is used to promote commercial content in order to generate financial revenue to its owner. Even though it is not a malicious computer infection, due to the fact that it is usually download bundled with other freeware, Media Player Enhance does not inform you about the oncoming installation, and gets set up onto your PC silently. Then the application displays commercial ads on such websites as eBay or Amazon, and it is also known to be distributing Jollywallet’s coupon offers on various other shopping web pages such as kmart.com.
It proves that Media Player Enhance is part of a wide advertising network that connect a number of parties, each of which is not responsible for the content of the other. Hence, if Media Player Enhance displays third party content on its pop-ups, it cannot guarantee that you will not be redirected to a corrupted website once you click it.
How to remove Media Player Enhance?
Our strong recommendation is to uninstall Media Player Enhance immediately and then scan the PC with SpyHunter free scanner in search of other unwanted applications. You are bound to have some. Also, it is very likely that the applications that have been installed together with Media Player Enhance have modified your default browser settings as well. Thus, once you remove Media Player Enhance and other programs, restore your browser settings to default.
Do not hesitate to contact us by leaving a comment below if you need any help with Media Player Enhance removal.
Uninstall Media Player Enhance
- Move mouse cursor to the bottom right of the screen.
- Click Settings on Charm bar and go to Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and remove Media Player Enhance.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and remove Media Player Enhance.
- Open Start menu and go to Settings.
- Click Control Panel and double-click Add or remove programs.
- Uninstall Media Player Enhance.
Restore browser settings to default
- Click Firefox button and navigate to Help.
- Click Troubleshooting information.
- Press Reset Firefox button on the top right of the new tab.
- When a pop-up box appears click Reset Firefox again.
- Press Finish and restart the browser.
- Press Alt+T and click Internet options.
- Open Advanced tab and click Reset.
- Select Delete personal settings option and press Reset.
- Click Close and restart your computer.
- Press Alt+F and click Settings.
- Go to Users and highlight your account.
- Click Delete button.
tested removal of Media Player Enhance*