What is Iminent Search?
Iminent Search is a search engine which belongs to the Iminent browser extensions and which can be installed after downloading the toolbar published by the French app developer SIEN S.A. The main product to which the search engine is attached to is the IMinent toolbar which offers emoticons for your social networking sites and email. The toolbar is available from iminent.com and is compatible with the most popular web browsers Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. It has been discovered that the program is based upon pay-per-click services and can collect private information. In general, this activity is legal and should cause no harm; however, if you want to delete it – this report prepared by Anti-Spyware-101.com researchers will help you remove Iminent Search in no time.
Can Iminent Search collect private information?
Once you download the application from its official website, you are presented with the installation wizard. Most Windows users tend to skip the provided information and simply install the wanted program onto their computers. If you skip any of the steps, you not only download the toolbar but also initiate the changes of your home page and search engine. Once this happens, search.iminent.com becomes the main page. Additionally, if you appoint some time to read through the terms of agreement, you find out that:
In order to access certain features of the Service, we will ask you for personally identifiable information. This refers to information about you that can be used to contact or identify you (Personal Information).
It is never 100% safe to have your personal data collected and stored by cookies of any browser extension. Even though the developers of the toolbar are not linked to cyber criminals, you should make sure that your sensitive information is shared with a limited number of sources. So how should you delete Iminent Search from the computer?
How to remove Iminent Search?
Iminent Search removal is not too complicated if you have experience with your Windows system. The manual instructions below are meant to help you delete the program on your own. If you feel that your PC is running sluggishly after manual removal procedures, we recommend that you install a free spyware scanner SpyHunter to check if there are no malicious programs you need to delete.
Remove Iminent Search from the operating Windows system
1. Move the cursor to the bottom left corner of the screen and wait for the minimized version of the Desktop/Metro UI screen to show up. Right-click on it.
2. Select the Control Panel.
3. Click on Uninstall a program. If you do not see it, use the Search box at the top of the window to find the utility under Programs and Features.
4. In the list of programs right-click on those related to Iminent and select Uninstall.
Windows Vista and Windows 7:
1. Open the Start menu and click on Control Panel.
2. Select Uninstall a program.
3. Right-click on the unwanted program and select Uninstall.
1. Click on the Start menu icon which is located on the left of the Task Bar.
2. Select Control Panel and double-click on Add or Remove programs.
3. Now click on the program you wish to delete and select Remove.
Remove Iminent Search from the Internet browsers
1. Launch your Internet Explorer and simultaneously tap Alt+T.
2. From the Tools menu click on Manage Add-ons.
3. Select Toolbars and Extensions from the menu on the left.
4. Click on IMinent Toolbar and Iminent WebBooster (BHO) and Disable each of them.
5. Click OK.
6. Now go back to the Tools menu and select Internet Options.
7. Click on the General tab and type in the address of you proffered search engine under Home Page.
1. Open the browser and simultaneously tap Alt+H for the Help menu.a
2. Click on the Troubleshooting Information.
3. In the newly opened tab click on the Reset Firefox button.
4. Click Reset again and then Finish.
1. Launch the browser and tap Alt+F.
2. In the menu click on Tools and then Extensions.
3. Find the add-on you wish to delete, click on the trash icon next to it and click Remove.
4. Navigate to the menu on the left and click on Settings.
5. Navigate to On Startup and select Set pages.
7. Find items linked to Iminent and click on the “x” on the right.
8. Select a new page and click OK.
9. Go back to the Settings page and click on Manage search engines under Search.
10. Click Make Default on the preferred search engine and “x” on the unwanted item.
Stop these Iminent Search Processes:
Remove these Iminent Search Files: