What is Iminent Community Toolbar?
Iminent Community Toolbar is a browser extension developed by Conduit. It installs a toolbar on your browser, and it can be applied for all main browsers including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. The toolbar provides user with radio application, bookmarks and a list of emoticons user can choose from to use them instant chats and email messages. Based on which version of the Iminent Community Toolbar you install on your computer, you can also get a new search engine and receive news announcement pop-ups on your desktop.
What is wrong with Iminent Community Toolbar?
Technically, there is nothing wrong with the toolbar, because it is not a computer virus, and users install Iminent Community Toolbar on their own. The effect of the toolbar on your browser depends on which version of the browser extension set-up you install - Default or Custom. Take note, that if you install the full version of Iminent Community Toolbar, your default home page and search engine changes to search.conduit.com, and there might be other additional applications installed such as TuneUp Utilities and Registry Reviver.
Iminent Community Toolbar can be considered to be a potential unwanted application, because of its intrusive nature, and because of all the additional features it comes with. It can collect your browsing data to provide you with customized search results that do to reflect the objective search result list you would get if you were using a popular search engine. Iminent Community Toolbar could be also exploited by third parties to distribute malware, so we recommend removing it from your computer to prevent any of this from happening.
How to remove Iminent Community Toolbar?
Since Iminent Community Toolbar is an official product by Conduit, you can remove it manually from your computer and then restore your default browser settings by following the instructions below:
Remove Iminent Community Toolbar from your computer
1. Move the cursor to the bottom left corner of the screen and right-click the minimized version of metro Start screen.
2. Click Control Panel.
3. Select Uninstall a program.
4. Highlight Search protect by conduit, TuneUp utilities and Registry Reviver (if installed) and select to uninstall them.
Windows Vista and Windows 7:
1. Go to Start Menu --> Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program.
3. Highlight Search protect by conduit, TuneUp utilities and Registry Reviver (if installed) and select to uninstall them.
1. Go to Start Menu and click Control Panel.
2. Click Add or Remove programs.
3. Remove Search protect by conduit, TuneUp utilities and Registry Reviver (if installed) from the installed programs list.
Remove Iminent Community Toolbar from your browser
1. Press Alt+T and click Manage add-ons.
2. Remove Iminent Community Toolbar from Toolbars and Extensions list. Exit the menu.
3. Press Alt+X and click Internet Options.
4. Under General tab remove search.conduit.com at Home page section.
5. Type in another home page address click OK. Exit the menu.
6. Press Alt+X and go to Manage add-ons.
7. Remove search.conduit.com from the Search Providers list.
1. Press Ctrl+Shift+A together. Add-ons tab will open.
2. Remove Iminent Community Toolbar from Extensions list. Close the tab.
3. Click Firefox button and click Options.
4. Remove search.conduit.com from home page section under General tab.
5. Enter a new home page address and save changes. Exit the menu.
6. Click the search bar at the top right corner. Press F4.
7. Select Manage search engines…
8. Remove search.conduit.com from the list and save changes.
1. Press Alt+F and go to Tools –> Extensions.
2. Disable and remove Iminent from the Extensions list.
3. Click Settings on the left pane and click Set pages under “On startup“.
4. Remove search.conduit.com.
5. Type in another domain name and click OK.
6. Click Manage search engines… under Search.
7. Remove search.conduit.com from the list.
8. Enter a new default search engine address and save changes.
In case you think that there might be dangerous files remaining in your system, download SpyHunter free scanner and scan your system to check whether there are any suspicious files present. Do not hesitate to invest in a legitimate antimalware tool to protect your system from threats if need be.
tested removal of Iminent Community Toolbar*100% FREE spyware scan and