What is FaceSmooch virus?
If you like various add-ons which enable you to customize your chat window on Facebook, you may find that FaceSmooch is an attractive application; however, many computer users call this application a virus. The so-called FaceSmooch Virus is said to come with such features as instant access to Facebook, free games, radio, weather forecasts and some other services. However, at the moment of writing, the application downloaded from facesmooch.com has not provided any of the features presented. Some malware researchers label this application as adware because it may display advertisements. Here is how the application presented by its creators:
The provider does not launch pop-up or pop-under advertisement windows or any other type of obtrusive ads. Occasionally users may be presented with advertisements while using the toolbar. We might use an outside ad company to display ads on our site.
You should always avoid pop-up advertisement as some of them may be used to direct you to corrupted websites that may contain malware.
FaceSmooch Virus and FaceSmooch Toolbar
As for the features mentioned, we found out that such characteristics are found on the toolbar that is available at ourtoolbar.com. It is installed as FaceSmooch on Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox unlike the add-on from facesmooch.com, which is compatible only with Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. The toolbar enables you to choose emoticons, play videos on YouTube, check weather forecasts, listen to the radio and play online games. Moreover, FaceSmooch toolbar changes the home page to search.conduit.com. If you download this browser add-on from ourtoolbar.com, you will find that the installer shows that it is published by Conduit Ltd. Moreover, the search engine will be also changed. When browsing the Internet you will find some links labeled as ads, which is why we suggest removing the toolbar.
How to remove FaceSmooch Virus?
The complexity of the removal of FaceSmmoch Virus depends on whether you have its toolbar installed. If your browsers are not altered and you do not see any visual changes, it may be enough to remove the application manually which is to uninstall it. However, if your Internet Explorer or other browsers contain the FaceSmooch toolbar, not only should you uninstall the unwanted application but also change the settings of the browsers. Nevertheless, if you do not want to remove FaceSmooch manually, install SpyHunter and it will remove the unwanted application for you.
FaceSmooch Virus removal
- Open the Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Select the program that you want to remove and click the Remove button.
Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Open the Start menu.
- Click Control Panel - > Uninstall a program.
- Double-click the program that you want to remove.
- Move the mouse over the lower left corner of the screen.
- Select Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program.
- Double-click the unwanted application.
Remove FaceSmooch from the browsers
- Press Alt+T.
- Click Manage Add-ons.
- Click Toolbars and Extensions.
- Remove the unwanted add-on.
- Click Search Providers and set a new search provider.
- Remove the unwanted one.
- Press Alt+T.
- Click Internet Options.
- Open the general tab and change the home page. Click OK.
- Press and hold down the Ctrl key, do not release the key and press and hold Shift and then press the A key.
- Click Extensions and remove FaceSmooch.
- To change the search provider, open the drop-down menu on the left side of the search box of the browser.
- Click Manage Search Engines.
- Remove the unwanted search provider and set a new one.
- To change the home page, press Alt+T.
- Click Options.
- Open the General tab and type a new URL.
- Press Alt+F.
- Go to Tools - > Extensions.
- Remove FaceSmooch.
- Click Settings.
- Go to the On startup section.
- Mark one of the options and click Set pages. Change the startup page.
- In the Search section, click Manage search engines.
- Change the search provider and click Done.
If you have removed FaceSmooch Virus or the toolbar successfully, you should also scan the PC for malware. Click the button given below and download our recommended scanner which will immediately provide you with the scan results.
tested removal of FaceSmooch virus*100% FREE spyware scan and